Forum Replies Created
Great that you are getting closer to a Kwik4 official release. There are a few things I noticed in my project in Kwik4… I have emailed you a list of examples to view in the project. It seems the main issues are….
1. Layering/groups order is not the same as Kwik 3
2. The Play Random action, has the ‘play random’ check box active by default, so actions play randomly and not in order. In Kwik 3, they play in order by default.
3. Animation pivot points do not seem to be the same as Kwik 3. So the old animations pivot from a different point.
4. The delay parameter in Linear Animation does not seem to be working.
Here are a few things I noticed when testing Kwik 4 beta.
1. I installed Kwik4 beta with ZXPInstaller and ran it on Photoshop CC 2015.5 (latest build). It opens up perfectly. But, if I close Photoshop and open it again, I get an error in Photoshop…
‘The kwik 4 beta extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed.’
If I reinstall Kwik4.zip with ZXPInstaller, it works again. But if i close Photoshop, the errors pops up again.
2. If I try to publish my project without ‘Export images’ the pop up box in the GUI is just greay with a status bar, it doesn’t list the layer it is processing.
3. In the Actions Window, when I have a list of actions and I want to reorder them, for example, move the bottom action in the list up to the top. I have to select the action and press the arrow key each time I move one action above another. Rather than just selecting the action once then hitting the arrow key a number of times.
4. In the main Kwik panel the default state seems to be the Pages view. If I select Actions/Audio/Button/Canvas/etc and then edit an action, the panel pops back to the Pages view.
5. I created a tmplt folder, then took my latest kwik3 project into Kwik 4… opened the .kwk and press the button – project properties > update template. I tried to publish the project, it ran through 5 pages (out of 11) and then stopped on a layer in page 6 and stalled. In Kwik 3 I adjusted the ‘Scale W:’ in the Layer properties window to 250%, when I look at it in Kwik 4, it is set to 100%. This is the later that the project stops publishing on. When I look in the assets folder, (in Build4) there are only images for page 1, even though it rant through the first 5 pages.
where do I send the .kwk and build4 folder?
I have just finished my app and would like to release it in the next 2 weeks. I would love to have the page curl in it. So I am wondering if I should wait for Kwik 4. It’s a 10 page book app.
Are there many features in Kwik 3 that are not compatible with kwik 4? You mentioned…
“Play Random is not compatible to Kwik3. Please Re-create play random action”
Would it be helpful for you to test my app on Kwik 4 while you are in Beta mode?
Great work Yamamoto! The new release sounds fantastic!July 3, 2016 at 1:03 am in reply to: Kwik Community – Lets keep it alive – Introductions #84701
Thanks for the website for translations Fionnuala, i will definitely use it.
That sounds fantastic! Great that we will be able to work a similar way we do in Kwik 3 too and not have to learn a whole new way of working.
Thanks for the update Yamamoto. it is exciting to see progress on Kwik 4.
Your blog is very interesting. The main attraction to Kwik has always been that it can be used by people with little or no coding experience. I am more a designer than a coder, can you tell us what the differences between Kwik 3 and Kwik 4 will be?
GarethJune 21, 2016 at 5:43 am in reply to: Kwik Community – Lets keep it alive – Introductions #84657
I bought your Beautiful Crusader last night, it is fantastic! Well done. Thats a huge amount of work. I am struggling to complete 10 pages… you have 55!
Can you let us know how you did the text? You have a lot of text and many languages. Did you keep these as text or change them into images?
I look forward to hear how you did it.
GarethJune 20, 2016 at 4:28 am in reply to: Kwik Community – Lets keep it alive – Introductions #84654
Leo, I have added you on LinkedIn, we have a friend in common… small world!!!!
Hi Fionnuala, great to hear from you, I’m from Limerick originally, how about yourself? I bought Scribbaloo Train well over a year ago and my then 2 year old loved it! He picked it up really quickly and the music was so addictive! Well done!
Hi Packman, I know your name form these forums, I’ll download Beastly Creature tonight and have a good look.
Hi Yamamoto, I hope all the new development is going well.
Great to hear from people that are out there using Kwik. Tonight is the first night in about 5 months that I am going back to my book app. I hope to get a good portion of it completed in the next 3 weeks… 2 more pages, the into page, navigation set up. I hope to hear of all your progress, hopefully we can all help one another out!
GarethMay 26, 2016 at 5:31 pm in reply to: Kwik Community – Lets keep it alive – Introductions #84641
good to hear from you. I’m a compositor too, in Weta. Great that you are getting into an app too and getting the job done! I think I’ll take another 2 weeks before I get into mine.
Hopefully the forum gets moving again.
Looking forward to seeing your work!
Hi, there are a few ways you can do this. It depends on your animation.
You could use the Blink Widget.
Or you can create a closed eye layer in Photoshop and just turn it on and off in your animation. You can do this by setting up show/hide actions and turning the layer on and off repeatedly. You could also set up an action to show and hide the closed eye layer once, and then set up a trigger to trigger that action repeatedly.
I hope this helps.January 20, 2016 at 3:54 pm in reply to: How to rearrange pages order and create a new one ? #84366
Ahhh, interesting. I am using Photoshop CS6 with Kwik 3.5.6 and the drag one page over another worked on a test.January 19, 2016 at 9:09 pm in reply to: How to rearrange pages order and create a new one ? #84364
if you go to the Page View with you have your list of pages (Click the Switch to page view icon).
You can just drag one page over another to rearrange their positioning. The first three digits will always indicate the order of pages… for example
001 – aaa
002 – bbb
003 – ccc
004 – ddd
if I want to move page bbb to the last page, I drag it under ddd…
001 – aaa
002 – ccc
003 – ddd
004 – bbb
I hope that helps,
1. Add Action – Play Audio (select your audio file)
2. Add Action – Stop Audio (select your audio file)
3. In the Interactions menu – Drag Object – Trigger Action on Dragging (select action to play audio)
4. In the Interactions menu – Drag Object – Trigger Action on Release (select action to stop audio)
If you want to get a little more complex and have to audio continue on every Drag…rather than start again. I am guessing you use the Pause Audio and Resume Audio actions.
I hope this helps!