Home / Topic / Strange Behaviour of Actions Dialogue: PS CC2015 & Kwik 3.5.3

Strange Behaviour of Actions Dialogue: PS CC2015 & Kwik 3.5.3

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik35 for Photoshop CC 2014 Strange Behaviour of Actions Dialogue: PS CC2015 & Kwik 3.5.3

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rachael
    Participant

Hi,
    I am experiencing very strange behaviour in the Actions dialogue with the above configuration. I understand the use of the new “select” button – but without needing to use this, if I start to create a simple action to show a hidden image the action does not appear in the list after filling in the details box… if I click the Create button it creates an Action in the Kwik panel but the Show/Hide action is not listed when I open it to check and therefore is not performing any command.

I have tried this with a number of Actions and on a couple of occasions the Action command appears on the Actions List but then the Create button does not dismiss the dialogue box in this case, when I choose Cancel there are a number of duplicated Actions created in the Kwik Panel – the same number for the times I clicked the Create button. In all instances the results are the same in that the actual Action is not saved as can be seen when I open the action component to edit. On a couple of occasions neither the Cancel nor the Create button will work and I have had to Force Quit PS to resolve it.

I have restarted PS and tried this a few times. Can you help please?
    Thanks
    Rachael

Rachael
    Participant

Just to add to the above – I have just tried to revert back to PS CC 2014 with the Kwik 3.5.3 and I am getting the same behaviour…so I really need some help as I have no other options to proceed with my app development – unless you can suggest a way?
    thanks

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

I will check the behavior again. Because of Adobe’s script UI change, Refreshing and creating a list changed a lot internally.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Yamamoto.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Yamamoto.
    Rachael
    Participant

Hi,
    Fair enough, but in the meantime I am really struggling to uninstall the Kwik 3.5.3 version…I have tried the one line of code in the Terminal that you specified in the installing-kwik guide – but this doesn’t work as I get a terminal error stating that the command remove is unknown… I really need to get working again and all I want is to get back to PS 2014 and the previous version of Kwik… I am currently trying Time Machine to restore back to before I downloaded – BUT I get this message:
    You can’t copy “Plug-ins” because it has the same name as another item on the destination volume, and that volume doesn’t distinguish between upper- and lowercase letters in filenames.
    So it would be really good to know if there is an easy way to uninstall Kwik in order to install an older version…the Adobe Extension Manager CC will not allow installs of older versions of plugins…so I really do need to uninstall…
    Cheers
    Rachael

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

I found a bug. I will update Kwik in a day.

Rachael
    Participant

OK thanks again

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

I uploaded the fixed version of Kwik for CC2014 and CC2015. The version number is 3.5.4
    Please download

http://kwiksher.com/download/

because CS version is still 3.5.3, I am not updated the version check yet.
    When you encounter “There is a new version available for download”, just ignore it.

Rachael
    Participant

Hi Yamamoto,
    I have just downloaded and installed the version 3.5.4 and tested it with PS 2014 (before going through the lengthy process to try and use PS 2015. I’m afraid that only half of the problem is solved…
    I select the layer (which already has a Hide component set against it) > I then open the Actions component > name it and choose the option Show/Hide and set the parameters – the action command appears in the list now (so that is fixed) – I select the Create button and the dialogue box is dismissed and the action icon appears in the Kwik panel – so that is fixed. I then review the action that has appeared in the components list of the Kwik Panel and open it to edit it – the Show/Hide action command is no longer listed and therefore the action is not running anything.

Cheers
    Rachael

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

Sorry. I uploaded Kwik again. Tough the same version #, it fixes the loading commands in action dialog when it opens. Please download and install it again.

Rachael
    Participant

Hi again, I downloaded again and tested the same scenario – the behaviour of the action dialogue now works as expected, however the action doesn’t work in the Corona preview to show the previously hidden image…BUT I think I may be tired now and it may be that I have done something wrong, I need to stop for a bit so I will test again tomorrow and let you know.
    Thanks again
    Rachael

Rachael
    Participant

I tried again and all resolved – I just missed something when I was testing! Thank you very much for all your work yesterday to get this resolved so quickly! Just a thought – do you intend to create a forum stream for any small issues with the latest release i.e. things that may or may not be bugs to give us a reporting forum? There are a few small things that I notice which I would contribute but I do not want to add them as issues or “complaints” – they are perhaps more like comments on the user experience…
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Cheers
    Rachael

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising