Home / Topic / Sound delay

Sound delay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • tradexcel12
    Participant

I have several buttons on a page that animate layers. I have sounds that I want these layers to play during or after the animation. These are short mp3's, my delay is set to 0, the file is set to short file and I've tried using a tap and a press, but the sound file seems to take a long time to play no matter what I do. For example the ball is done bouncing for 3 seconds before it's sound file kicks in.What could be causing this? I have not compressed images yet, and while I have my "read to me" sound and text files in the resources, I'm not activating them yet.

Anonymous

Check the sound file size and, if possible, always compress it. Short files need to be loaded in memory before playing. So, if the audio size is large, it will take a moment for it to load.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Thanks Alex – I had a lot going on with that page and two of the files were a lot bigger than they should have been. Chopped em down and it now works as expected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising