Home / Topic / Setting up Conversation scene…

Setting up Conversation scene…

Home Kwiksher Forums General Discussion Setting up Conversation scene…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • chokgage
    Participant

If I want to do conversation scene as below in a page what is the best approach I should use?A: "Dialogue #1... "    (tab on A's dialogue to show B's reply)B: "Reply #1... "      (tab on B's reply to show A's next dialogue)A: "Dialogue #2... "    (tab on A's dialogue to show B's reply)B: "Reply #2... "    (tab on B's reply to show A's next dialogue) Should I make their dialogue text layers as different buttons? So tab on Dialogue #1 button will hide Dialogue #1 and reveal Reply #1, tab on Reply #1 will hide Reply #1 and reveal Dialogue #2 and so on...Somewhere I have seen in K2 you can choose either using system device font for the text or like in K1 flatten the text into png, which I'm assuming using system fonts would be highly optimize for file size, am I correct?If so how to do it?Thanks a lot!

Anonymous

You are correct. the simplest way to show/hide dialogs is to have them in separate layers, set them as buttons that will hide the current, show the next.Regarding fonts, all text layers will be exported as images. the only exceptions (in these cases you can use a different font or a system one) are Sync and Dynamic Text Replacements, which work as text, not images. the reason for that is rendering as images you have much more control of position and it is guaranteed they can be read in all devices.

chokgage
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Alex!Base on user experience are there limits for how many layers used per page before it gets too slow?I'd like to plan my graphic + text layers per page accordingly...

Anonymous

thinks start to get complicated with more than 60 layers (not in Photoshop, as your computer memory is the one in charge of it, but in Lua, which does not allow more than 60 local variable = each layer is a local variable).

chokgage
    Participant

I see, so I would take 60 as the maximum no. of layers in my planning…Then how many pages would be maximum for a 60 layers page book? Thanks again!

Anonymous

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You can have as many pages you want. Just avoid having more the 60 layers per pages (otherwise you will need to tweak your final Lua code manually). Layers of different pages do not count to the 60 layers total (again, 60 per page, not per project).

chokgage
    Participant

Thanks for your explanation and that is very clear now!

chokgage
    Participant

To Alex or someone with experience,Having read the local variables limitation with lua now (200 limits), is it true that Kwik/Corona can now handle up to 200 layers per page (compare with only 60 layers before?)Anyone have experience with that much layers/control? How's the hit in performance?I'm trying not to go that far as 200 layers, but that'd be nice to do more that 60 layers per page...Thanks a lot!

Anonymous

This is a trick topic as ANYTHING generated by Kwik is a variable (a layer, an action, etc). So, you may have, for example, 50 layers and blow out the limit because you have drag, buttons, and other events attached to them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising