Home / Topic / scroll text bounces

scroll text bounces

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik 3 Bugs scroll text bounces

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • eric
    Participant

I am thinking this is a Kwik bug, since I have tried it on two different Corona builds. I am trying to scroll some text and follow Alex’s old Kwik version 2 tutorial and it is not working.
    I used a text field for my text. Set it as a Text replacement layer. Added a scroll to the layer, set it as paragraph and used a mask.
    Hit build, it jumps to the bottom of my text, does not accept my mask, and the text is on top of layers that is shouldn’t be (my headers and such), it does seem to use some sort of mask since maybe a 3/4 of the way down it seems to see a mask. I can pull it down, but it bounces back to where it was, so in the tutorial Alex checks paragraph and the bouncing goes away.

I guess also Help me please, if it isn’t a bug. But I have watches the tutorial and followed it exactly at least 3 times and still can’t get it to work.

eric
    Participant

Okay so I played around with a lot of different changes and it was all in plugging in numbers into the various inputs and got it to scroll. Now my issue is testing it on the device and my older iPad looks fine and works like it should, on my new (new to me, but older model) iPhone 5c the scroll doesn’t function like it does on the simulator and iPad. Is it a corona issue?

Fionnuala
    Participant

Hi

I am having the same problem with bounce back and scrolling. I wish to scroll as series of objects vertically – i.e. up and down the left hand side of the screen. I have set the scrolling parameter to width 316 and height 3000 as this is the total size of the objects when added together (a lot of the objects are off screen originally and need to be scrolled onto the screen), as per Alex’s tutorial. When I publish and try to scroll however the objects bounce back when I release the scroll, preventing me for continuing the full length of the scroll. Is there a way to disable this bounce back in kwik or in the code? Or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks for your help

Fionnuala

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising