Home / Topic / Scandinavian translator/narrator hanging around?

Scandinavian translator/narrator hanging around?

Home Kwiksher Forums Service Recommendation Scandinavian translator/narrator hanging around?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • tradexcel12
    Participant

I've noticed that the Scandinavian countries are buying apps at a good pace and would like to offer some kids books in that area. Is there anyone here who can do translations and voice overs for that area?

pjrich
    Participant

The native Dane and Icelander I know are a bit busy, but I can ask. Do you want Sweden and Norway too or do you have just one Scandinavian country in mind?

pjrich
    Participant

As an aside, does anyone know of any data as to what kind of apps sell the best in any given country or language?

tradexcel12
    Participant

Sweden and Norway would be very good for translation! I'm not quite ready for it yet, a few weeks away, but figured I'd start looking to get my resources lined up.  I have some very sketchy data that showed Sweden, Finland and Norway bought kids apps in a higher percentage than other countries. They also bought ebooks at a greater rate. I gathered this info from Xyo and an app marketing report a Fiksu rep sent me. No hard numbers just a few sentences buried in the data. Another question on translation - maybe not the right place to ask, but...If I do my works in Spanish, would it be wrong to do them in two narration, Read To Me, voiceover versions - Spanish Spanish and Latin American Spanish? Are there enough differences between the two dialects to make that a feature? I learned Castilian Spanish in school and I don't understand much of what I hear from the Mexican, Cuban and Central American speakers I hear, but that could just be my rusty language skills. LOL

Anonymous

You will find different variations of Spanish in each different country. However, every Spanish speaker can understand “generic” Spanish. My suggestion to you is to spend time/efforts only in one Spanish version (from Spain or Latin).

tradexcel12
    Participant

Thank you Alex – that is exactly what I was looking for.

lizochka_simova
    Participant

I had my Spanish translation done by a Spanish teacher of 4th to 8th grade students.  He said some of his students who speak Spanish at home make comments about the differences, but they get it.   

nandusri83
    Participant

Hi Karen,My husband is norwegian and works as a multi-lingual language support provider.  He could have a look at  the norwegian, swedish or danish translations for you.Drop me a mail if you are still looking ...e1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising