Home / Topic / Read Me function not working since upgraded to 3.2.4d

Read Me function not working since upgraded to 3.2.4d

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik 3 Bugs Read Me function not working since upgraded to 3.2.4d

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • caverly
    Participant

Read me worked until I upgraded to latest version. Now only the clicked words function works. If I set “show play button,” it doesn’t show in the build. If I make a button to “Play Sync”, that button isn’t visible in the build, and the last time I tried it, the Kwik automatic button showed up instead of my button, but it didn’t function and play the narration. Everything was working on my trial version, then I bought the latest version. (Also, the import Label Track from Audacity no longer works.) Please advise.

Administrator
    Keymaster

This is weird as yesterday update 3.3 did not touch the Sync module. Any errors in Corona Terminal?

caverly
    Participant

No errors in Corona (build 2014.2393). To test the Read Me function, I created a new project (Photoshop 5.1) with a background, a drawing, and a text layer, installed the narration audio, set up the text layer for sync (manually entering the start/stop times because “import from audacity” no longer works), didn’t check “enable word clicking” checked the “show play button”. I published it, but the play button didn’t show. I added the mp3 files for the six individual words, enabled “enable word clicking” and “show play button”; it did not work. When I added a layer for a play button, below the text layer, with the action “play sync”, disabled “show play button.” When I published the first time, my button layer didn’t show up in the build and nothing worked. I made a new button with the same “play sync” action and deleted the old one. When I tried to build, I got this:
    File: page_1.lua
    Line: 118
    Attempt to index field ‘speak_063’ (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    page_1.lua:118: in function <page_1.lua:42>
    ?: in function ‘dispatchEvent’
    ?: in function ‘gotoScene’
    main.lua:103: in function ‘main’
    main.lua:226: in main chunk

I have no idea what to try next.
    As I mentioned before, all these functions were working in my picture book project until I upgraded to 3.2.4d.

caverly
    Participant

I switched back to 3.2.4c and all the Read Me functions work fine.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Can you please zip and send me your sample project? I’ll take a look during this week and report back to you.

caverly
    Participant

This test was done in 3.2.4c, which is working on my first page. Test read me project: page1
    when “show play button” checked, the narration proceeds hilighting the words, but not playing the sound.

When “show play button” unchecked, and a button “but_readme” added with the action “play sync”, I get this error:

File: page_1.lua
    Line: 135
    Attempt to index field ‘speak_336’ (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    page_1.lua:135: in function <page_1.lua:42>
    ?: in function ‘dispatchEvent’
    ?: in function ‘gotoScene’
    main.lua:103: in function ‘main’
    main.lua:226: in main chunk

If I remove but_readme, and check “show play button”, it builds without error, but only shows the text being highlighted with no audio. Also, individual words aren’t responding to touch and being pronounced (as they do on my only successul page)
    /Users/robertmason/Documents/Kwik/readmetest.zip

Administrator
    Keymaster

Please zip your project folder and send it to support@kwiksher.com

Administrator
    Keymaster

Sorry about the delay. I totally missed that with my move. I fixed everything in build 3.3.3 – just remember the auto sync will only work if you set a button to enable it in the first page of your project (otherwise the variable which controls it will always be set to NO READ ME).

caverly
    Participant

Read Me text layer renders miniature text.
    The Read Me functions work, except that now the text layer renders 1/4 size in the simulator.
    When I designate a text layer as the “sync” layer, it renders in the simulator at 1/4 size text. If I make the text larger in PS5.1 80pt, it renders at about 20 pt in the simulator. Any text layer I choose to be the sync layer renders in miniature. I checked the page_2.lua file and it shows that the fontsize is what I set in PS, 20. Yet it publishes at about 5pt. As a work-around, I could set the sync layer to 80pt and get about 20pt in the simulator, but how would that work on an actual device?

This problem did not exist in my first trial version (3.1, I think). Read Me sync layers rendered properly, Read Me functions all worked. worked perfectly. I had completed the first page of my ABC book, then I upgraded to the new version.

The mysterious part of this is that the lua files indicate the correct font sizes, yet Corona simulator renders 1/4 size.
    I hope someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Robert Mason

alexandres
    Participant

Robert, this is probably the known issue from Adobe (this is a famous one in the Photoshop community) where the font size changes without any noticed. The only way to fix it is to manually edit each font layer, re-entering the right font size.

caverly
    Participant

Hello Alex. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to solve this problem. Rebuilt my commuter system completely, new copies of 3 versions of Photoshop, new copies of Kwik and Corona. New projects from scratch. I’m stopped dead in my project because it features the Read Me feature extensively.

First, I do set the font size manually in photoshop, and it never changes in PS or in the lua code. What happens is the font size I set in Photoshop (CS5.1, CS6, CC) is correctly included in the lua file. For example, I set the font in PS to 80 and this snippet is from the build:

fontColor = {0.02352941176471, 0, 0}, fontSize = 80.0000027743253,
    fontColorHi = {1, 0.06274509803922, 0.07450980392157}, fadeDuration = 0,
    wordTouch = true, readDir=”leftToRight”, channel=1} sceneGroup:insert(
    layer.narration) sceneGroup.narration

Even though it says 80 in the build (same as in PS), the simulator (2393a) shows it at about 20. The 80pt text block doesn’t even fit in the photoshop window, but shows up the “right” size in the simulator.

If PS font size for the sync layer is set to 20pt, and the lua code says 20pt, shouldn’t the Simulator build it at 20pt (instead of 5pt)? How is this a Photoshop bug?

Sure hope you can make sense of this.
    Best,
    Robert Mason

bibi1911@web.de
    Participant

Hi

I have the same problem with the text font and can not fix it…
    Using the read to me function since Version 2 of Kwiksher but now the text is tiny and I can not read it.
    The audio is playing, the highlighting seems to works.
    Any new news?

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

In your environment, does this tutorial sample work well?
    http://kwiksher.com/tutorials_kwik/creating-a-multilingual-project-with-kwik-3-expert/

bibi1911@web.de
    Participant

Yes, works well. Happens only if I add the audio sync and text replacment. The words are highlighted but you can not read the text… it is really tiny….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising