Home / Topic / Re: Using video

Re: Using video

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • kelle-macdonell19
    Participant

Thanks for the info on using video.  I have been tryig to get a video clip to run in my project.  I've set it up everyway possible, action, button, timer but the error message i get when trying to run it is:Cannot load video from path.Cannot create path for resource file ... b/c it does not exist.  I have placed the file in every possible folder called it from multiple locations....im stumped.any help is greatly appreciated.~Christine

Anonymous

Christine, if your video is in the correct format, you shouldn't have any issue importing it. When this error happens: adding the Play Video action into a button or after export?

kelle-macdonell19
    Participant

the error shows up in the text window of Corona when the Corona simulator runs the preview.  Everything else works as made but the video is a no go.  I converted a .wmv video to .mp4 using a conversion program called “Any Video Converter” that specifically outputs to an 'ipad' mp4 format.  Maybe that's the problem?  I'll do a test with a different .mp4 file and see if that will work.

Anonymous

check if the video file was correctly copied to the build folder (it may be copied with empty content).

kelle-macdonell19
    Participant

just tried with another video file and get the same results. 🙁 Thats the problem, its not even creating a video folder in the build(just audio and images and the lua files)

kelle-macdonell19
    Participant

Im wondering if i need to do something special with the layer that the action is being linked to? something in the ordering…or does it need to be a blank layer or something?

Anonymous

Videos are always saved in the build folder (Kwik does not create a Videos folder). I just created a new project, created a button and attached a Play Video action (to check if everything was working fine). Project was created fine, video was copied to the build folder and button is working fine in the iPad (remember you cannot play video using the Simulator).The button was applied to a regular layer (you can apply it to a grouped layer as well).

kelle-macdonell19
    Participant

ok, well i guess i will try to shut down everything, check for updates and reopen and see if i can get it to at least put the video file in the build folder.  Hopefully its just a glitch…because you cant see the video in the simulator, what should i expect to see during the playback time of a 20 sec video in the simulator?  Will it just skip it altogether or will i see 20 secs. on black?

Anonymous

You see nothing on the Simulator. When the app starts a message will appear mentioned that video is not compatible with the simulator. If you want to check/test the app with the video, you need to Build for device or XCode.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising