Home / Topic / Please post video tut for Android build

Please post video tut for Android build

Home Kwiksher Forums Tutorial Suggestions Please post video tut for Android build

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anonymous

Hi Alex,Please post a step by step video tut for Android build and testing on a simulator on Mac.I am going nuts trying to figure it out.... :-[ Thank you,Sue

jso
    Participant

Are you having trouble creating a certificate for Android? This may help: http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/androidBuild/index.html#signing

bsuehsiuvrr
    Participant

If you just want to test you dont need to create your own keystore. Just use the debug.keystore provided by corona in the build dialogue window.Once the .apk is buid you just have to instal it on your device . I use android commander a free software for pc (I dont know for mac) to install it .. Hoppe that help

jso
    Participant

To transfer to an Android device, I use an app available on the Google Play Store called ES File Explorer. There's a free version of it available. Then you have to allow installation of third party apps on the device in the application settings. Publish your .apk using Corona SDK, plug your device into your Mac via USB cord, drag the .apk to the device, and then on your device, install it via ES File Explorer.

Anonymous

I was able to make the .apk file with the debug key from Corona, but I was not able to run it on the Android SDK Emulator. I am getting “Unfortunately app has stopped” error message when I try to launch it on 5554:AVD_for_Nexus_S_by_Google.If some one could post a video tutorial showing the steps of building apk file and testing it on Emulator would help. Thanks.Sue

Anonymous

I would check this error message at Corona Labs forums as well. After all, this is a Corona issue, not Kwik.

Anonymous

Ok… I think, the only best way to test Android build .apk file is to test it on a real device. Also the device must have the processor ARMv7 or higher as per Corona SDK requirement.  😉 Thanks....

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising