Home / Topic / Painting / colouring / canvas / start again button book bug

Painting / colouring / canvas / start again button book bug

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik 3 Bugs Painting / colouring / canvas / start again button book bug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fionnuala
    Participant

Hi

I am having an issue with a new app which we just launched on the App Store. It is a simple painting app. I understand that the “painting brush strokes” are made out of circles in the code. Randomly, every so often a stroke will appear as a few squares instead of circles. When this happens the “start again” button does not clear the canvas completely. It will clear all paint brush strokes that where made with circles but it will leave on the screen/canvas the stoke that was created by squares. The only way then to get rid of this then, is to delete the app and re-download it.

The occurrence of this is very random. You have to be using the app for a good few minutes before the square strokes are randomly made. I wasn’t aware of the bug until I tested the app with some kids!

Any help much appreciated – as I mention this app is now live on the app store so I am trying to get a solution quickly.

Thanks so much

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

is this problem happen with corona simulator too?

if it only occurs on iOS device, can you find any errors in the console of XCode?
    http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/51303-after-i-updated-xcode-i-cant-find-where-the-console-log-is/

Fionnuala
    Participant

Thank you Yamamoto for such a quick response, I will check it out and get back to you.

Fionnuala
    Participant

I am getting this error. I have taken a screen shot of the problem also, if you would like me to send that. Thanks a million for your help.

Feb 14 15:44:38 Fionnuala-Hanahoes-iPad Scribbaloo Paint[3871] <Warning>: Runtime error
    ?:0: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    ?: in function <?:376>
    ?: in function <?:375>
    ?: in function <?:221>
    Feb 14 15:44:38 Fionnuala-Hanahoes-iPad Scribbaloo Paint[3871] <Warning>: Runtime error
    stack traceback:
    stack traceback:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Fionnuala. Reason: too long
    Yamamoto
    Keymaster

> You have to be using the app for a good few minutes before the square strokes are randomly made.

It seems something causing out of memory. In the setting of kwik panel, turn on show memory used in the terminal
    and I think the problem would not happen easily on corona simulator but you can check the memory consumption in the terminal.

http://kwiksher.com/user-guide/settings3/

Please try to find out which user actions or factors making memory leak.

ymmt

Fionnuala
    Participant

Thank you Yamamoto, I will check this out and post back how I get on. Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly.

Fionnuala
    Participant

Hi Yamamoto

I have tried to simulate the problem on Corona Simulator. But the problem only seems to be on the device. I has tested it on three difference iOS devices and same problem on all of them.

It is difficult to explain the problem as it seems to happen randomly. For example I can paint for a few minutes and everything is fine, then the random square/rectangle strokes appear. Then I can erase everything except for the square/rectangle strokes and continue painting as normal, only the square/rectangle strokes will remain for the rest of the session in the background.

I have have linked some images of the problem http://www.scribbaloo.com/technical-images/ – I hope these help explain the problem better.

Thanks for your help.

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

Reviewing the codes of kwik produced lua, I guess something causes to fail drawing circles which should be painted with square/rectangles and without the circle object, the current codes fail as a runtime error. I will send a trial fix in a few days.

Fionnuala
    Participant

Thanks Yamamoto, I have downloaded the update and updated the app now and everything is working great now. Thanks for all you help with this and the great developer support, as always.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising