Home / Topic / [NOT A BUG] Weird artifacts and project opening incorrectly in simulator

[NOT A BUG] Weird artifacts and project opening incorrectly in simulator

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik 3 Bugs [NOT A BUG] Weird artifacts and project opening incorrectly in simulator

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • tradexcel12
    Participant

When I use Export Current Page only the simulator opens in the first page. Doesn't matter if I”ve exported images or not. And some layers with actions or animations – not all of them, just some – show as weird artifacts in the simulator, BUT it's random. If I have a page with the artifact, go ahead one page, then go back, the artifact disappears. Sometimes they are there, other times they are not. No consistency – randomly picks some layers and leaves others alone. This happens with some simple linear animations and a piece of text using the next page tap.All pages have been saved correctly in PS and it doesn't seem to matter if the compressor has been used or not.  I had accidentally hit the compressor button and thought that might have been the cause, so I re-exported the images, resaved the PSD's and the artifacts reappeared anyway.

Anonymous

Check your image folder to see if the artifacts exist in any of the exported images. If yes, it means there is something wrong happening on the export module (i will then take a look at it). If not, it may be an issue with your video board. Try to refresh the simulator to see if it goes away.

tradexcel12
    Participant

I have refreshed the simulator and the artifacts came back. They are not in any of the images. The weird thing is they go away in the simulator when I move on. For example – there will be an artifact on page 2. I go to page 3, then go back to page 2 and the artifact is gone! Sometimes I run the simulator it doesn't happen to an image on page 2 but may pop up on a page 3 or even a page 1 image. Sometimes when I do the move on to the next page then come back, the original artifact won't be there, but it will be on a different image layer on that page.I know these random, intermittent ones are the worst to track and squash. It started happening at the same time the open current page thing did. Further testing MIGHT be pointing to an answer. I develop Apple and Droid concurrently. In other words I have a project sized for the iPad Retina and another project sized for the Nexus 10 that I work on together. The artifact thing is ONLY happening on the Droid version. Is it possibly because Corona doesn't have a Nexus 10 on the simulator list? The Nexus has a super high resolution 2560 x 1600 and 300 PPI that could be messing with Corona's ability to render things consistently and correctly. I usually preview in Galaxy Tab on the simulator.

Anonymous

If you can, send me your project and I will take a look.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Drop box link in your email. Artifacts have been occurring mostly on the text link I tossed into the first page to give me a next page link, the smoke wisps, snore bubble and blanket on the second page and the smoke wisps on the third page.

xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Hey KarenD, could you please throw up a little screen shot of the types of artifacts you're getting?I think I might be getting the same but not sure if we are talking about the same thing.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Couldn't get the file attachment to work here so here's a drop box linkhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74330213/Screen%20Shot%202013-09-18%20at%2010.23.13%20AM.png

Anonymous

Here's the deal:I tried and I tried to reproduce your issue on my Mac. After several tentatives (no matter the way I exported page 3), I've never seen the artifacts. 🙁I getting more sure that this is related with your video board but I cannot confirm that. I am not an expert in this subject.

tradexcel12
    Participant

That would make sense. Sincerely hope it isn't failing. Do you think I can safely ignore it? And thanks for taking the time to check it so thoroughly.

Anonymous

Yes, i think you should just ignore (annoying but not much to do). if the artifacts were still there after refreshing or switching page, we should to dig on. also, when ready, double check in the device to see if it reproduces there (I dont think it will).

tradexcel12
    Participant

K – I will go ahead and ignore, and I will check it in a device.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising