Home / Topic / [NOT A BUG] Timer crashing Corona Simulator

[NOT A BUG] Timer crashing Corona Simulator

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik 3 Bugs [NOT A BUG] Timer crashing Corona Simulator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anonymous

I am using Kwik 3.1.7 and Corona v2014.2189The timer is causing the Corona Simulator to crash. I am having this problem in my project and created a new test project to test it... it also crashed the simulator there.I have 3 layers. Background, a brown square in layer 'Brown' and a Blue square in layer 'blue". Layer Brown is hidden with 'Hide Element'.I set up an action to show and then hide Layer Brown after 1 second.I created a Timer 'Add Timer', delay = 0, Loop = forever.Then I publish.The Corona Simulator opens and displays the images... but  Layer Brown does not flash on and off.When I click anywhere in the simulator window it freezes.Any ideas?thanks,Gareth

Anonymous

If I reproduced your sample well (I think so), it is working for me. However, I am using Corona build 2298. Any chance you send me your project sample for testing – I want to check if I did the same procedure as you.

Anonymous

Hi Alex, I have emailed you the project folder.thanks,Gareth

Anonymous

You are stressing the resources of your computer with this approach, which crashes the Simulator. You are asking for a timer to run forever every 0 seconds (in this approach, the timer never stop and keep trying to save over the previous one). Then, in your action, you say, Show Green after 1sec, then you say Hide Green after 1.5sec. This NEVER happen as the timer is restarting every 0 seconds. Can you imagine what is happening in the cpu at this moment? Imagine a kitchen with the chef receiving the same request over and over, not being able never to finish the first plate.Your timer should wait, at least, the time of the first interaction. In your case 2.5 sec (the sum of the 2 show/hide stuff).

Anonymous

Ahhh, thanks for that Alex… that makes perfect sense.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘[NOT A BUG] Timer crashing Corona Simulator’ is closed to new replies.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising