Home / Topic / New Requested Comic Features

New Requested Comic Features

Home Kwiksher Forums Feature Request (RETIRED) New Requested Comic Features

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

I've been customizing the code exported by Kwik (first version) when creating comics, and adding a few features in the process.  I figured it might be a good idea to list all the features I'd like to have, along with any I've been able to add:

Add an overlay layer

• Update Gesture support to an actual Gesture Library
  • Add progress (current page / frame) to overlay
  • Add support for dynamic text (or TextCandy) for sound effects)
  • Add support for animated sprite on top of panel artwork
  • ability to pinch/zoom pages and frames
  • Fix black seams which show when transitioning between frames
  • Add custom transition time (kTime) between frames
  • Add support for "hotspots" to launch URLs, go to specific page/frame, etc.
  • Force frames to fit screen (either height or width), regardless of orientation
  • Double-tap frames to zoom 100% and drag/pan
  • I'll be marking them off as I get them working myself.  If anyone has other suggestions feel free to list them.

The code I'm working on is still a bit sloppy and in testing mode, however here's the current approach.  Whenever a new page is loaded, I look through a custom table called “hotSpots” which looks something like this:

Code:
local hotSpots = {  {    x = 654,    y = 819,    width = 193,    height = 64,    type = 'video',    location = 'tutorial.mp4'  },  {    x = 300,    y = 463,    width = 204,    height = 86,    type = 'url',    location = 'http://google.com'  },}

Then when a new page is loaded in Reader:loadPage, I changed it so that page is really a displayGroup - and then I add the PNG to the displayGroup, followed by all the hotSpots on top of that.  It works with all of the transitions, etc.Got most of the other features I wanted working too... the biggest one will probably getting zooming to work.

Anonymous

Would love to see a screencast of how your are doing everything your mentioned. Regarding zooming, if you make the gesture library to work, you can have pinch too:

Code:
      menuGroup:setReferencePoint (display.CenterReferencePoint )       MultiTouch.activate( menuGroup, "scale", {"multi"}, { minScale=1.0, maxScale=2.0 } )       MultiTouch.activate( menuGroup, "move", {"single"} ) --, { minScale=1.0, maxScale=2.0 } )       local function pinchHandler(event)            if (menuGroup.xScale == 1 ) then              menuGroup.x = display.contentWidth / 2; menuGroup.y = display.contentHeight / 2;           end       end        menuGroup:addEventListener (MultiTouch.MULTITOUCH_EVENT, pinchHandler) 

I tried making a screencast, but it's less impressive in the simulator since video and web links only work on the device.  Once I have some animated/interactive elements implemented I'll post a video.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising