Home / Topic / Marketing Proposal to everyone!

Marketing Proposal to everyone!

Home Kwiksher Forums Marketing your app Marketing Proposal to everyone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Hey Kwikers 🙂As a lot of us are aware... Making our apps are becoming the easy part of the whole App Business, especially with Kwik. It just takes time.The unknown and trickiest part for most of us is MARKETING!There are a lot of ways that we can and have tried to market and throw our ideas out there but they can cost a lot of money and/or be a hit and miss type of thing. I still feel that a great way to at least get our apps introduced to others is on Facebook, the friends and family... then friends of friends can spread information far and wide (even though there is talk of a lot of people leaving).So I was thinking, with the number of users of Kwik and apps that are being made, I'm sure there are a lot of Facebook pages out there for either our businesses or the individual apps.SOOO, the proposal.... if everyone posts a link to their Facebook page(s) here and each of us 'like's then we will have just boosted our viewing audience in a massive way. On top of just liking the page, it would be great if we all 'like' or better yet 'share' each others new app announcements!I'm going to kick it off and here is my page http://fb.com/twistedlogicappsI have just launched my latest app Monkey Match... feel free to 'like' and 'share' it.My promise is that anyone who posts their link here I will 'like' that page and share your apps as you release them.I'm very interested to see just how much of a difference this will make so the more the better! Plus it's great to see what kind of apps are being made with Kwik and not just those that are added to the showcase.Thanks in advance for the 'like'.Cheers

Anonymous

This is a great initiative indeed! Looking forward to hear about the results.

xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Wow, I must be doing something very wrong! The fact that everyone here making apps with Kwik are doing so well that they don't need any help with extra likes to their apps Facebook page or a bit of free exposure.It's been over a week since my suggestion for us to share our apps Facebook pages and like each other's and not one reply with a link.Or have I got it wrong and no one has Facebook pages for their apps?My offer still stands to like pages listed here and help promote your apps when you launch them, in the hope that you would do the same for mine.Come on people, it's tough cracking this marketing thing! We help each other with tips and tricks here in the forums with building our apps, so why not help each their in the hardest part of the process...MARKETING!Cheers  🙂

tradexcel12
    Participant

Warwick – let me take a stab at answering you on this question. First, marketing is NOT hard, time consuming, yes, but not hard if you break it into it's logical segments.Discovery is broken into two parts - inside the app stores and outside the app stores.If 60% or more, depending on the category, of people discover apps in the apps stores through search, are you doing your search tags, title, and description according to best practices? What ASO tools are you using to verify your results and improve these areas? Are you creating different, unusual, unique content that will catch the eye of the feature list reviewers to grab a coveted feature spot? Are you split testing your store page images? Do you have more than one app and if so do they reference each other from within? Are you a part of an in App banner exchange?On the outside of the app stores, have you identified your ideal target market? Who are they? What makes them tick? Where do they hangout? Are you talking their language in the places they are engaged with? Are you using benefits, not just features to catch their attention? Are you a member of the "mommy blog" community for example? Commenting regularly and adding to the conversation using your keyterms instead of just trying to peddle your app? If so, are you using your website url in your signature line? Are you blogging and guest blogging using your keyterms in places that cater to your desired market?Have you followed best practices for your app trailer? Do you have more than one? Do you have a YouTube channel with more than one video per app? Is it optimized for your keyterms? Is your web site content rich, filled with relevant, interesting, entertaining or informative content for the search engines and your audience? On your FB page are you following the 80/20 rule? Making 80% of your posts interesting, amusing, entertaining, SHARABLE, and 20% with a sales pitch?This is the fastest way to get the right type of likes and more importantly shares. Likes don't really count, SHARABLE content does - both to the search engines and to the target audience.In short, are you thinking about how to reach and more importantly engage the people who will buy your app or are you just tossing things against the wall hoping something will stick? (Sorry I know that sounds a bit harsh, but it happens frequently.) Trading Facebook likes with other developers won't grow engagement with your target buyers. Any more than using your tokens from the Apple Store on developer web sites will help you get the reviews that count with your audience. Most parents looking for kids apps don't even know Kwiksher.com/forums or Corona.com or any of the others even exist.In short, think like your target audience and answer the who, what, why, how and where and then go out and find them. If you wait for them to find you, it will be a long lonely wait. Use your ASO tools, and SEO tools to collect hard data not supposition or best guesses on what is working and not working with your app listing, your web site, your YouTube channel, your FaceBook page and every other place you have a presence.Go into the brick and mortar world and contact your local news outlets, public libraries, pre-schools, whoever might be interested and who can get you on the human interest parts of the daily news, or exposure where it really counts.While I can't answer for anyone but myself, I like you, you do some nice work, and you're a fun guy. I'd personally friend you anytime, but liking your FB page, +ing you and getting a like for my page or a + for my circle in return will do me absolutely no good whatsoever in getting discovered in or out of the app stores by my target audience. Go after the people who can help you be discovered by that audience. Five likes from influencers in the right circles are worth more than any 1000 likes from people like me. I don't even use FB for my apps - analysis shows my audience isn't hanging out there. Likes do NOT equal sales unless they are from the right "friends". Go forth and find those friends! Unless we have a bunch of highly regarded mommy bloggers, or pre-school directors doing a very effective job of hiding their true identity in this space, those of us who are just hard working developers can't help you influence the groups you need to find and influence.

xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Hey Karen,Thanks for the in depth reply. I guess I was generalising Kwik users to mostly being developers of Kids apps and that we all might have similar circles of fans that we could share between. After reading through your reply I can see it's much more than that.To be honest even though you only touched on some topics in your reply, I think you could write a masterclass on the topic. So thanks again for the information. There is a lot of gold in what you wrote.Your right, it's not hard, just time consuming. The part that is hard to get around for me is, for example... we spend a lot of time and effort in creating an app with Kwik and we know that at the end we will have an app. The more effort and time put in the better the app. With marketing (and this might just be because I haven't done it before or had any major wins) you could put in a ton of time and effort and still have nothing to show for it.I am doing a lot of what you mentioned but some has been a 'throw it at the wall and hope' kind of situation, purely because I haven't had to do it before so I don't know what works. And other parts I have just gone about it in the wrong way.I'll be using your post as a bit of a check list to make sure I cover everything in the future.Cheers!

tradexcel12
    Participant

If its any consolation most app developers are in the same boat as you are when it comes to marketing. But he who learns and implements solid marketing that works will be the one carrying money to the bank. LOL And I was really afraid to post what I did, because I didn't want you to feel I was picking on you. There is a big difference between a share and a like. If you post something on FaceBook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, your website, Pinterest, etc. that I SHARE to my feed, then you get an in with my circle of people. A like is merely a vote on a site or a post and too many of them on a business or fan page and Facebook stops sending your content to other feeds unless you pay. (how's that for rewarding success!!) A share shows engagement. Google rewards you for shares. Part of their social score depends on how many people are "engaged" and likes count towards that score but not very much. Followers don't often go to a "like" but if I share something from your page, and they share it on THEIR page, and then their followers share it, and so forth and so on - then you've hit the true meaning of popularity!And it's weird what they share! Go for goats! People share stupid goat memes second only to Grumpy Cat! I have NO idea why, but stats don't lie! Dogs, not so much and videos hardly at all unless all the stars align just right. Babies are sorta old hat. Household tips and gardening tips work REALLY well with the Mommy Blog crowd (your audience). On FaceBook and Pinterest and Google +.  The best first step to marketing any product is to join the tribe to which your prospective customers are a part of. Answer the who, (who are they? in detail) what (what do they like? what are their interests? etc) where (where do they hang out? where can I find my ideal customer?) how much? (what is their price point?) and most important of all speak their language. If you're selling a game the vocabulary will be far different than if you're selling a data management tool to business! The first one you can say "Hey wassup bro? You'll hack and slash your way through forests filled with grunting zombies until your screen is a splash field of red." Try that with a mom or a Wall Street broker and you're toast! Likewise if you discuss the elimination of random probabilities and annuity portfolio enhancements to the gamer, they will be off your site in the blink of an eye. Speak their language. Only then will you begin picking the right keyterms that draw the right audience, having the title that draws them in, and writing the description that gets the install click.And most important is the what. What does your product do for them? Because that is the ONLY question in their head when it's time to hit the download button. What will it do for me?My advantage in this game is I've done SEO/SEM for clients and my own products for many years, so I have been able to play in a lot of areas and see what works and what doesn't and still draw a paycheck. I helped indie eBook authors for a couple of years and that's very very similar to app marketing. Doing one FB page doesn't give good data on what works and what doesn't. Doing one author page may leave you more confused than when you started. Building 50 in different industries shows behavior patterns and yields solid data. And I've had the opportunity to work with some phenomenal copywriters, PR people and marketers who know far more than I do. So I've been really lucky in my internet journey.And to point to something you've done in the marketing arena really well, I looked at your site a while back and then your page code and went out and bought the same theme you used. It's really good for app sites! And I kept going back looking at your code in some places going "How in the heck did he do that?" until I figured it out. LOLMuch as we dislike the marketing stuffs that go along with this, good marketing is the only thing that will lead to good sales in the App Store anymore. The days of picking gold nuggets up as we stroll down the beach are over. And yes the app stores are crowded - full of people with no clue, and big companies who are only grudgingly in the stores because they need a presence. Those are competitors easy to beat!

Anonymous

G'Day Warwick,It's nice to spot another developer from Down Under here on Kwik.  We're a little husband and wife indie in Melbourne.  🙂Haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks, been trying to get a move on the next app, and life in general.Just saw your post and thought I'd show some love!  ;DI know exactly what you are talking about, and I understand where you are coming from!  We probably spent 3-4 months on getting our first app ready to put up, and when it was done, we were all excited.  Couple of months on, heaps of downloads of the lite version, very little of the full paid.  And because we  are building for kids, we didn't want to have Ads or IAP, so all those 1000's of the lite version don't translate into any trickle of income.OMG Karen, why are you so mean! (ROFL, Just Kidding)  ;D In the time I've been here on the forums, I've come to find Karen invaluable in terms of advice and feedback.  ::)  Pretty much every comment regarding SEO, target audience and marketing in general has been on the ball.  We haven't really started any serious marketing, because we would like to get a couple more apps under our belts before we reach out, and because we have no budget for it at the moment.  🙁But I can understand where you are coming from, especially when you are working hard, and not seeing any tangible results.  That extra "Like" or two that you find on your FB page, or the new comment or share someone offers, is just a nice feeling.  😀  I know I get bit more bounce in my step when I see someone showing some love.  So on that note, I'm off to "Like" your page.  Keep up the great work mate!  8)Cheers, R.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising