Home / Topic / Kwik exporting the wrong format

Kwik exporting the wrong format

Home Kwiksher Forums Bug reporting (RETIRED) Kwik exporting the wrong format

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • adriakuehnmg5524
    Participant

1.9.8b is exporting png's, even though I set the “export as jpg” option on most of the files. Weirdly, the first time I export the files they do export as jpg's, but when I start making changes, or save and reopen the project and psd files, any files re-exported start exporting as pngs not jpgs, even though the export as jpg option is still enabled for each file.

adriakuehnmg5524
    Participant

To follow up, I went through and manually enabled “export as jpg” for 90% of my images. I ran a new build and the images exported correctly. I then made a change to a video file (simply enabled the controls option) and ran a new build. All references in the lua file were changed from jpg to png and new png's exported.

Anonymous

please backup your .kwk file. open the file using any text editor. you will probably see tags like this layer_name. It seems your file is corrupted, probably showing:layer_nameYou need to get back to layer_name (no spaces here).I found it in other situations but I couldn't figured out what is causing the issue. However, I re-wrote the function for Kwik 2 to avoid the same issues.

adriakuehnmg5524
    Participant

Thanks Alex.I have quite a few image files, so rather than the tedium of manually adjusting the .kwk file for each corrupted entry, I re-opened the project, erased the contents of the .kwk, made a small change (disabling then re-enabling export as jpg for 1 image), then re-exported the project. That re-wrote a fresh uncorrupted version of the .kwk file.I must say, I am eagerly awaiting being able to just use K2 for my projects.

Anonymous

You should start with Kwik 2 already. It is getting there really fast…

adriakuehnmg5524
    Participant

I'd love too as it has some features that would really enhance my project. But we'd like to be able to submit in in the next 30 days and my understanding is that K2 isn't ready for commercial use yet? The beta limits use to 8 pages, or am I misunderstanding something?

Anonymous

You are right. Currently you can export up to 8 pages with the trial. However, I am planning to release Kwik 2 in September (not sure the final date yet) so, if you need features available only in Kwik 2, it would be nice to start with it (you may know there is no 100% compatibility with Kwik 1).

adriakuehnmg5524
    Participant

I did start with it actually, but I have over 8 pages already so even test builds would be a problem, so I restarted with Kwik 1.  :'(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising