Home / Topic / Is it possible to publish an iPad project in a Galaxy Tab format?

Is it possible to publish an iPad project in a Galaxy Tab format?

Home Kwiksher Forums General Discussion Is it possible to publish an iPad project in a Galaxy Tab format?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Is it possible to begin with a Kwik file made for the iPad format and then have it republished in an android Galaxy Tab format?I realize this wouldn't be in the 'best practices', but I'm just curious if such a thing could be done.  In reading through the Kwik User Guide there are some drawbacks to creating Kwik projects in the Universal mode.  It says: "Universal projects - they duplicate image files, double your export time, and add complexity to your code and, depending on the project sometimes they just don't make sense.  If your audience is iPad users, do yourself a favor and create a project for iPad only."Since the Galaxy Tab format seems to stretch out a bit from the iPad format I wonder if one were to just expand the backgrounds on the left and right, if a project could be quickly reworked to display properly?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, you can use the Universal format for the Galaxy Tab. However, your images will be shown (if my mind is not tricking me) in a letterbox format. As I do not have a Galaxy Tab (and don't know anybody who have one), my suggestion to you is to test and report me back if there is anykind of issue.

Thanks!  But I still didn't find out if one can take a Kwik file that is already written in iPad format and then have it redone in an Android Galaxy Tab format?I'd guess that in the next few years there will be a market for many android apps with the Nook, Kindle, etc.:0)

Anonymous
    Inactive

J, I couldn't find a way to design what you are asking. There are so many different screen sizes in Android that it is not easy to find a solution here besides the autoscale provided by config.lua files.Ideas??ps: if you ask my opinion, I do NOT think Android devices will take-off (maybe the Fire only).

Yes, the Galaxy screen does stretch out into the letterbox format.  So images that look 'right' on the iPad look stretched.  I wonder if app buyers who bought an app that was 'stretched out' would complain?I wonder what the new color Nook and Kindle will do?  I guess we'll have to wait to find out.I think that Corona or some video display organization (like the same group that established the official jpeg standards) should establish a standard, so that content can be displayed on all devices without stretching.  Maybe adding a black border around the extra space to fill in the difference in screen format would work.  That way images wouldn't be 'stretched'. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes my friend. If the devices at least had the same screen proportion… Unfortunately iPads are 3×4, Android tablets (mostly) 16:9, and the list goes.

@J Abbott – Refer to these links:http://blog.anscamobile.com/2011/01/dynamic-image-resolution-made-easy/http://blog.anscamobile.com/2010/11/content-scaling-made-easy/Those two posts will explain how to setup your build.settings and config.lua files to do what you need/want to do.Mike HovlandBlue Rocket Labs

jso
    Participant

I adapted my eBook from iPad to Galaxy Tab 7 (as a test to see how it will look on the Kindle Fire). Unfortunately, there wasn't an easy way to make the images look good since you're losing 168 pixels in height going from iPad to Tab 7 or Fire.I was able to keep all of the same button coding, but I had to create new artwork at 1024x600 and/or scale the sprites in width. Since they were being stretched out in width I would just add mySprite.xScale = .85; or something that looked good. I also had to ditch my .caf audio files and swap them out for .mp3s.It's on the Marketplace now with a note saying it's made for Galaxy Tab 7 or similar tablets because Android phones stretch out the artwork and can't handle the processing power. I submitted it to Amazon for Kindle Fire approval, but they seem to take forever and a day to approve anything.I also noticed that the iPad1 runs it much more smoothly than the Tab.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to begin with a Kwik file made for the iPad format and then have it republished in an android Galaxy Tab format?I realize this wouldn't be in the 'best practices', but I'm just curious if such a thing could be done.  In reading through the Kwik User Guide there are some drawbacks to creating Kwik projects in the Universal mode.  It says: "Universal projects - they duplicate image files, double your export time, and add complexity to your code and, depending on the project sometimes they just don't make sense.  If your audience is iPad users, do yourself a favor and create a project for iPad only."Since the Galaxy Tab format seems to stretch out a bit from the iPad format I wonder if one were to just expand the backgrounds on the left and right, if a project could be quickly reworked to display properly?

It is possible to do.let the other know how to use ipad format in such a case.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you want perfection, you will need to create a new project just for the device you want. Tutorial here: http://www.kwiksher.com/tutorials-kwik/creating-new-project-from-an-old-one-expert/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.