Home / Topic / iphone images distorted. iPad images are fine

iphone images distorted. iPad images are fine

Home Kwiksher Forums Bug reporting (RETIRED) iphone images distorted. iPad images are fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • pjrich
    Participant

I've started on a new app. It is a New Universal book app in landscape layout. When I test the app in the Corona simulator, the iPad 2 and iPad retina look fine. However, when I switch to either of the iPhone views, the images are distorted. If you will notice from the screen captures, the moon is now slightly oblong in iPhone view while the iPad screen capture appears as intended.  Any ideas as to what is going on? I'm current on the versions of Corona and Kwik.

pjrich
    Participant

I've tried to load the images, but i get a error messages that path to the images cannot be accessed. 🙁

Anonymous

which iPhone is showing the issue: 4 or older? Remember the scale for iPhone 4 is different than for the other devices as the screen ratio is different.

pjrich
    Participant

Both iPhones are different. Both iPads are the same.

pjrich
    Participant

Even if iPhone 4 is different, shouldn't Kwik compensate since this is a “Universal” app?

Anonymous

We are talking about different things here:- universal app is an app compiled to work in both iPad and iPhone platforms- kwik export is based on the largest screen setup (iPad in this case). As the screen resolution of an iPad is 3x4, there is no way to create a perfect 16x9 (iPhone 4 screen ratio) from that. If you want perfect images for the iPhone, you will need to crop or recreate them by hand, as kwik cannot guess the areas that need to be cropped.

Even if iPhone 4 is different, shouldn't Kwik compensate since this is a "Universal" app?

pjrich
    Participant

That explains it!  Thanks Alex!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising