Home / Topic / Importing Audacity text files

Importing Audacity text files

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik User Questions Importing Audacity text files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tradexcel12
    Participant

Is there a trick to importing Audacity text files when doing read to me syncing? I seem to end up putting everything in by hand due to a variety of weird issues. Everything from the file not matching the word. to a string of empty time entries at a carriage return, to the preceding page having the nav buttons become non functional after the next page has the sync added, to blank black pages in the simulator when exporting just the page I'm working on. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous

Did you check this tutorial: http://www.kwiksher.com/tutorials-kwik/video-tutorial-version-2-2/? It covers Audacity.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Missed that one – didn't realize it covered Audacity. Thanks Alex!

Anonymous

My audacity label file doesn't generate the timecodes in the sync audio and text replacement window when I select it.  Is there something about the audacity file?  Are multiple same words/labels (like “the”) a problem?  The workds in the text layer appear but no timecodes.  Also, Is there a limit to the number of words in a text sync layer?

tradexcel12
    Participant

I ran into that and ended up using just one word at a time to take care of it. Kind of a pain in the arse but it was the only work around I found. If someone else has another method I”m all ears!

Anonymous

My problem with timecodes was that Audacity does not attach the txt extension in MAC.  Renaming the file with the extension did the trick!  Thanks to one of KarenB's posts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising