Home / Topic / How to make eyes blinking in a character?

How to make eyes blinking in a character?

Home Kwiksher Forums Help me! How to make eyes blinking in a character?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ykdeltastudio
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new using kwik and I’m wondering how to make closed eyes / open eyes (blinking) in animation in kwik,
    is there any tutorial about it?

Thank you

Gareth
    Participant

Hi, there are a few ways you can do this. It depends on your animation.

You could use the Blink Widget.

Blink Widget

Or you can create a closed eye layer in Photoshop and just turn it on and off in your animation. You can do this by setting up show/hide actions and turning the layer on and off repeatedly. You could also set up an action to show and hide the closed eye layer once, and then set up a trigger to trigger that action repeatedly.

I hope this helps.

ykdeltastudio
    Participant

Thank you so much, I will try what u had told me, I tried the blink widget but still is a little confused for me!

Thank you Gareth

ykdeltastudio
    Participant

I wish I could find a tutorial : )

Fionnuala
    Participant

Hi

I find one good option is to make a sprite. Use three images. One with eyes open, one with eyes half closed and one with eyes closed. Texture Packer is a good software to use to generate the lua file and then in Kwik use a Sprite Replacement.

Hope this helps

Fionnuala

alexandres
    Participant

If all you need is a simple sprite and you don’t have (or don’t want to buy) Texture Packer (which is great, by the way), you can use the free script exporter provided with Kwik (in Photoshop, you will find it under menu File->Scripts->Sprite_Sheet_Exporter) http://kwiksher.com/tutorials_kwik/tutorial-sprites/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising