Home / Topic / Good FREE illustration site

Good FREE illustration site

Home Kwiksher Forums Service Recommendation Good FREE illustration site

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • tradexcel12
    Participant

For all of you who can't afford to hire a professional illustrator, here's a site that might help you get just the right effect you're looking for without having to learn Photoshop. It's a little rudimentary, you can't adjust the effects and if you want to apply more than one – for example a sketch effect and a torn edge border you have to upload your original, apply the first effect, save it, then upload the image with effect one to apply effect two.But, it is still a pretty useful site. Works on photos, clip art, just about anything you can think of. It likes jpgs more than pngs. A transparent background png will show as black and usually looks pretty ugly.http://art.pho.to/Yes that is the correct url, no .com, just a clever play on the domain. I went to the patent office - using google's patent search, filtered for pre 1992 which places all the drawings that go with patents into public domain. Then I used the art.pho.to site to do some pretty cool stuff on those images for a client doing a kids book about space and robots. Anyway - hope it helps somebody out there as much as it helped me.

sngjenshvuh
    Participant

Hi KarenD,Stock sites like Dreamstime are also great for illustrations when you want professional looking images for as little as 30cents per sheet: http://www.dreamstime.com/#res460202I signed up for a months subscription and downloaded as many as I could during that month. I now have hundreds of images to use for at least several apps. And yes, you are allowed to use the royalty free images in your apps. I also emailed Dreamstime to make sure of that rule. It's where all my images for 'Dress Up Funhouse' and 'Stamp And Sketch' came from  😀 A friendly tip though, always download the additional format if you plan on pulling the image apart for animation. i.e. separate eyes from a body for blinking purposes etc.Chat again soon!Tanya.

tradexcel12
    Participant

I've used Dreamstime before and sorta forgot about them Thanks for the reminder! I have also used Fotolia. Fotolia can get pricey for higher resolutions though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising