Home / Topic / Font size, New Universal project, different devices, screen resolutions.

Font size, New Universal project, different devices, screen resolutions.

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik User Questions Font size, New Universal project, different devices, screen resolutions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Gareth
    Participant

I have a book app, a New Universal project setting. I set the font size in Photoshop to 40px. I have set the text as a Text Replacement and ticked the ‘Use native system font (do not import external font files).

When I view in the Coronal simulator it reads well at ipad, iphone 6. When I get down to iphone 4 I wonder if the font is too small? Does the text get resized as the screen gets smaller? Does 40px in the kwik/Photoshop project equate to 40px in all outputs? I read that 34px was adequate for headline text on iphone 4, so 40px should be OK.

To insure the font is easily readable on the smallest screen on all New Universal project options, what size should I set the font in Photoshop px?

thanks,

Gareth

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

scaling due to different screen resolution is tricky. For instance, 768 x 1024 system on Kwik3, for your case, the size on iphon4 will be scaled by 0.83 not 1.0. So it looks smaller than the one on iPad. iphone6 is 0.97 close to 1.0

kwik4(beta) introduces ultimate config. It would be better.

Ultimate Config 320×480 System

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising