Home / Topic / [FIXED] Audio brought in at 0 bytes

[FIXED] Audio brought in at 0 bytes

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik 3 Bugs [FIXED] Audio brought in at 0 bytes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • tradexcel12
    Participant

Any luck on finding this gremlin? Audio is still coming in at 0 bytes and has to be manually replaced with the correct audio file. Several of us commented on this previously, just thought I'd ask if there was a time frame for it to be squashed.

Anonymous

Still evaluating it. Funny thing is the code here is the same as Kwik 2 – and it works there…By the way, what is the step by step of what you are doing? Maybe I am trying to reproduce it the wrong way here.

tradexcel12
    Participant

I import the audio using the normal Kwik Add Audio button. I browse for the file, set it to read me, loop 1 time, no fade in, channel 1.It is zero bytes in the project directory before I publish. If I replace it in the project folder before I publish, with the original good file, it behaves itself and copies over into the build folder correctly.It doesn't seem to matter if it's an MP3 or a wav. It doesn't seem to matter what channel it's on. It doesn't seem to matter if it's readme or just a sound file. It still comes in at 0. Hope it helps.

bsuehsiuvrr
    Participant

I got the same problem in kwik2. And also for the spritesheet module (didnt test the spritesheet in kwik3).Exactly the same problem as described by KarenD.

lizochka_simova
    Participant

As I recall I had this problem with  kwik 2 also.  Unless the audio files were in the project folder they came it at 0 bytes.  For each project I set up an “audio resources” folder in my project folder, put all sound files there, then browse to that folder when adding audio.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Yup, that worked, thanks Anna!

Anonymous

I have kwikNext and had the same problem but after creating a audio folder in my project folder as Anna suggested above it works.  Thanks!  However, my text now goes off the screen in Corona as one long line instead of appearing as two lines in the text box in photoshop.  If I hit "return" to break up the text to be two lines in photoshop, it adds an extra space in my audio text and messes up the audio sync. It also still strays a bit off the page even though it is perfectly centered in photoshop. Any ideas as to why this is happening?Thanks

tradexcel12
    Participant

I noticed that too – I deleted the CR and did it again and it worked. What's weird is that it works fine on the first line or even two, but breaks on a line further down. But my paragraphs are not working - when I do a CR followed by a shift CR for the paragraph break, it only shows as a new line in the simulator and on the device. I'm using the native font.

Anonymous

Hopefully the next updates will address font control with the new APIs from Corona. Everything is tied to the new storyboard api that they do not allow me to deliver yet…

Anonymous

Thanks so much for responding. I am so sorry, but I am really new to this and I don't know what a CR is!  Could you explain.  Thanks again.

Anonymous

I am thinking you mean “carriage return.”  Can you tell me how I insert this?  Do I do it in Kwik or Audacity?  Thanks!

tradexcel12
    Participant

Sorry Elara I should have explained better – when you're typing in PhotoSHop and get to the place you want a new line to occur, hit the Enter key, also called a carriage return in text stuphs. That should break the line where you want. Normally doing that, followed by shift and enter also called a soft carriage return SHOULD create a new paragraph. It will look like it did, but on an actual tablet it sometimes doesn't. And sometimes in the simulator it also doesn't show. Text formatting has been a problem in one form or another since I started over a year ago, I can't wait for the new updates from Corona and Kwik.  Thanks for the reply Alex!!

lizochka_simova
    Participant

Glad to know my solution is working for others.  🙂

Anonymous

While the “big update” doesn't come, here goes a fix for the audio being copied empty issue:- Download http://www.kwiksher.com/downloads/kAudio.zip- Unzip it- Install the kAudio.jsxbin file over your current one under /Applications/Photoshop/Plugins/Panel/Kwik folder- Start Photoshop againIf you have already an empty audio file under your project folder, delete it manually from the folder (it is not working anyways after all, right?) and edit the entry in Kwik, pointing to a new file, with content. This new file will be correctly imported now.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Thank you Alex!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising