Home / Topic / [DONE] Creating high scores

[DONE] Creating high scores

Home Kwiksher Forums Tutorial Suggestions [DONE] Creating high scores

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • constancyrandssfsi
    Participant

As kwik grows im starting to see alot of puzzles and mini games. Would love to see a turorial how to display and track high scores. Having scores in our apps encourages the users to continue using the app and share their best scores via social media. I know it may have to do alot with if and then statements. Just not sure how to achieve it. Alex any ideas?

constancyrandssfsi
    Participant

I also found this article. If only i understood coding.http://coronalabs.com/blog/2013/12/10/tutorial-howtosavescores/

Anonymous

Kwik already has it. Set a variable, with the Track variable option checked, to save your scores.

constancyrandssfsi
    Participant

Yes but how do you display the high scores? For example your basketball game tutorial. You have a timer of 30 seconds to get all the points you can. At the end of the game a screen shows with your current score and all time high score. How do you setup that screen to show your current score and high score?

Anonymous

To display, use Dynamic Text replacement. Doing so, every time the attached variable changes the Dynamic replacement updates the screen.

constancyrandssfsi
    Participant

I understand that Alex but how are high scores kept and displayed when everytime the user plays the app it resets back to zero. I will create a very simple project and zip and send it to you when i get home. I may be missing something that i am not fully understanding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising