Home / Topic / Canvas feature

Canvas feature

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anonymous

Few things you should know before starting your coloring/canvas project:- At this moment Corona does not have bitmap manipulation so, the coloring feature is just a "cheat", meaning I simply use a series of circles simulating a brush;- In order to have it working, your "canvas" (the layer you want to paint) must be transparent, with the trace in black (or any other color). If you are using a scanned image (in black and white), you will need to delete the white portion, otherwise the feature will not work;- Although the canvas is set by the dimensions of the layer, please notice that painting can "bleed" outside the canvas area.  This happens because the brush size (size of the circle, in fact) is being applied on top of your canvas. To understand what I mean, try this:

• starting with the smaller pencil, paint a few circles at one of the border
    • Than repeat it in another border with another brush size

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

Hello Alex.Just a quick Weston about the canvas option. You you be able to increase the rate by which the circles are drawn in an update maybe? I'm not sure how it works in the background, if it would inpact the CPU, but one of my apps would greatly benefit from this. Any thoughts?Thanks!

Anonymous

don't think i can do with in the code. screen redraw depends of several external factor like memory available and cpu processor of the device. one test you could do is to edit the config.lua file and change the FPS parameter to 30 and see if it somehow bumps your performance.

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

I'll try that put. My app is being reviewed right now, so I'll have to wait.

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

Hi Alex. I tried this, but it didn't make a noticeable difference. I got thinking about the code you suggested changing to give the brush a "feathered" effect, and decided to try that later in K2. I do have a new question/feature request for you. Would you be able to enable alpha calibration of the paint? This way, when colouring a sketch, kids will still be able to see the outline of the drawing. I haven't had much time to play with K2, so I'm not even sure if this is already implemented, but it would be a really great feature to have. One that I would be willing to pay extra for.Thanks

Anonymous

the canvas feature (since Kwik 1) always shows the outlines on top of the paintings…

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

Hmm. So, what is the best way to set this up? Making the outline layer transparent and then allowing the painting to happen on the layer underneath? I've tried this, but when using black ink, it just paints on top of everything, including outlines…am I doing something wrong?

Anonymous

don't know if i understood here. if you canvas layer (the outline one) has outline in black, when you paint in black over it, naturally the color over the canvas will fool the eyes suggesting you painted over the outlines as well.

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

You are right…I'll have to see how other colours behave.Thanks;

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

I managed to fix the colours. I think when I updated my browser, it must've reset the Flash settings.Anyway, this stil does not fix the other issue. Take a look at the following screenshots. One of them is before touching the screen to draw, and the other one is after drawing. Any ideas where that semi-transparent square is coming from?

Anonymous

Send me your project folder and i will check it.

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Alex.I managed to work around the problem 🙂

thibaptiseze7638
    Participant

Hi Alex,Is it possible to do a "reverse paint"?  That is, to have the brush _reveal_ an image underneath as the user touches/rubs.  Think scratching off a lottery ticket.So we'd have a starting, solid layer on top.User touches/rubs that image.The image beneath is revealed.Using Instant Erase would instantly reveal the whole image underneath.What do you think?  If not possible right now via K2, possible with customization?thx!

Anonymous

you can't do it today. I suggest you to add this as a request in the Roadmap topic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Most Common Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising