Home / Topic / Can a synced text layer be switched to another synced text layer

Can a synced text layer be switched to another synced text layer

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik User Questions Can a synced text layer be switched to another synced text layer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • tradexcel12
    Participant

I admit it, I'm being lazy and asking this question before I try to test it out. I have a text layer with a narration audio synced to it. Can I switch it to a second layer with different text and a different audio file? It would have to be able to switch in two ways - at a certain time when the audio is not being played, and switch when the audio stops, depending on whether the user is just reading, or has turned on the narration for that layer. If yes; start work on feature; else go back to standard page functions (ugh been looking at too much code) LMAO

Anonymous

What do you mean by “switch”? Why don't you do the “easy way”? Lets say you have 2 paragraphs. Instead of creating 2 different synced layers and 2 different audio files, you create only a single file and set the same audio to both layers (you add the pause directly in the audio file)…

tradexcel12
    Participant

Right, but I need text layer 1 to go away and let text layer 2 come in. Similar to how we switch other layers. I just wasn't sure if the audio associated with text layer 2 would work correctly.

lizochka_simova
    Participant

I can see how this would be helpful for picture books with text heavy pages.  One page “read me file” but more than one text layer?  Or maybe the text layer could scroll as it “reads”?  Or can there be more than one “read me file”? 

Anonymous

Anna, although you cannot have more than 1 read me file (otherwise, how Kwik would know which one to use, right?), you can set 2 different audios to 2 different synced layers (the audios don't need to be read me type for that).Karen, you still could have just one audio for both paragraphs. Your challenge is to move the first paragraph (maybe a timer?) as synced layers are a "different kind of animal" than regular image layers...

tradexcel12
    Participant

Ah Ha – I see what you are saying Alex. And I can trigger the switch on a tap I think.Yes Anna - I have a map that changes multiple times with just a couple lines of text under it each time. And I use it several times in the book, so if I can get this worked out it will save me 14 pages. If I understand Kwik correctly there can only be one read me file per page.

lizochka_simova
    Participant

Yes, even with little text I am using two synced layers on my covers, title as the read mr file, and author/illustrator as separate synced layer, because kids won't really want to hear that every time.Good luck with your map, Karen. Sounds doable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising