Home / Topic / Android Licensing for Kwik?

Android Licensing for Kwik?

Home Kwiksher Forums General Discussion Android Licensing for Kwik?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • xisulyhonaq
    Participant

I'm just wondering if anyone here has implemented the new Android licensing and if this (the tutorial below, 7. Google's new licensing process) is how we do it with Kwik too?http://coronalabs.com/blog/2013/03/26/androidizing-your-mobile-app/Took me a while but I figured out how to get the Keystore for the Corona export (http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/androidBuild/index.html#signrelease) but now i'm about to release a paid app into the store, I'm not sure if this is how I go about adding the licensing in??Any help would be very appreciated!Cheers

bsuehsiuvrr
    Participant

Hi WarwickI got my apps on android without problem so far.Just be sure you use audio and video format that are compatible like on the link you posted.Like you the most difficult part was to understand how to generate the keystore (especialy since corona is compatible only with an older version of java ... )I hope it work for you. Tell us about your sales once you have your app in the storeMine have been incredibly bad on googleplay and even worste on amazon  :'(

xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Hey francoiscoiscois,I'll let you know how the sales go. I have my TicTacToe Monkeys there already (free) and haven't had anywhere near the same downloads as on Apple. Fingers are crossed that after all the time spent getting these next two ready for Android that sales and downloads will be better!My main question about the link I posted was about number 7. Google's new licensing process. Did you add the license key to your apps? It's meant to help stop people pirating our apps. And looks like I have to manually add it to the code after being published from Kwik.Have you or anyone else done this?Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you tried project properties>advanced setting> key. You should be able to paste your license key in the field named key. I spent a few days trying to figure that out untill I found it in the project properties.

xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Hey Aaron,Handy to know where that is... but is the Expansion File/Key the same as the Licensing Key?This link doesn't seem to refer to it that way in number 7.??http://coronalabs.com/blog/2013/03/26/androidizing-your-mobile-app/Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is no expansion file key, only the check box for expansion file and the field to paste in your license key. And most tutorials that you get from coronalabs won't show how to do something using kwik. most people who use corona are programmers.

xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Hey Aaron,Thanks for the reply and for the tutorial. Another option for doing the keystore file is using the terminal. No need for installing another program. Good to have options though!With the license key. I tried what you said in your tutorial, there are no issues or errors that pop up but I can't see where the license key is added to the code? In the tutorial link I added above, you can see three .lua files that need to have code added for the license key. Config, main and build lua files should be changed for the new licensing. I can't see the long text string, we add in the key area in Kwik, show up anywhere. So wondering if it is actually stopping any pirating or adding the licensing in at all?

bsuehsiuvrr
    Participant

Hi WarwickSorry I could not help I didn't know about Google's new licensing process...Good luck with your publishing.

Jorge
    Participant

I am in the phase of expanding my apps to Google Play and am now faced with the licensing issue.

My questions:
    1-in the Kwik Project Settings/Advanced Settings we have a box where to put the licensing key generated by Google in the Developers Console. If I make this input do I need to do anything else?
    2-after the above input how should I proceed with the Corona Android Build Setup as far as Keystore and Key Alias is concerned?
    3-does this method protect us against piracy?
    4-or should I follow the instructions as per the http://coronalabs.com/blog/2013/03/26/androidizing-your-mobile-app/ instructions?

I am a bit confused since I expected to see the pieces of code as referred to in the Corona instructions (4 above) in the Build Settings/Main/Config.lua files as generated by Kwik (with the key pasted in as per 1 above).

Any help on how to publish to Android would be very much appreciated.

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

Kwik > Project Settings/Advanced is for expansion file.

To apply for Google’s New Licensing Process, please follow the following instruction
    http://coronalabs.com/blog/2013/03/26/androidizing-your-mobile-app/

and build app with corona simulator targeting the “Google Play” store

Jorge
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification.
    I have just tried to follow the above instructions and ma facing a problem with it.
    The app does not fit properly on the screens of the devices, including iPad mini. It loses the letterbox setting and does not re-scale properly.
    Apparently this is to do with the piece of code which has to go into the config.lua file as follows:

application =
    {
       license =
       {
          google =
          {
             key = "OHkoaGu20QVSpSZbYX28ry18GTvNvbKi"
             policy = "serverManaged",
          },

},
    }

(I have reduced the size of the key string for the purpose of this post)
    I have tried to place the above code in different (“reasonable”) places but with no success.
    Any help on where exactly place the code on config.lua?Thanks in advance.

config.lua

local kScale = "letterbox"
    if ( string.sub( system.getInfo("model"), 1, 4 ) == "iPad" and display.pixelHeight == 1024) then     -- all iPads checking 
       application = 
       { 
            content  = 
            { 
                 width = 1536, 
                 height = 2048, 
                 fps = 60, 
                 scale = kScale, 
                 imageSuffix = {  
                    ["@2"] = .5, 
                 }  
            }, 
       } 
    elseif ( display.pixelHeight > 1024 ) then  -- iPhone 5 (and all other high-res devices) checking - uses the iPad Air Retina image 
       application = 
       { 
            content  = 
            { 
                 width = 1536, 
                 height = 2048, 
                 fps = 60, 
                 scale = kScale, 
            }, 
       } 
    else  -- all other devices 
       application = 
       { 
            content  = 
            { 
                 width = 1536, 
                 height = 2048, 
                 fps = 60, 
                 scale = kScale, 
                 imageSuffix = {  
                    ["@2"] = .4, 
                 }  
            }, 
       } 
    end
    Yamamoto
    Keymaster

Please compare it to the sample lua files in “Corona SDK”\”Sample Code”\Store\Licensing
    or you can fetch them and modify to your project

Jorge
    Participant

I have found out something similar to what you referred to above. This is in:
    Corona SDK/Sample Code/Monetization/Licensing.

The respective config.lua code is as follows:

application = 
    {
    	content = 
    	{ 
    		width = 320,
    		height = 480,
    		scale = "letterbox",
    		fps = 60,
    	},
    	license =
    	{
    		google =
    		{
    			key = "Your Key Here",
    			-- This is optional, it can be strict or serverManaged(default).
    			-- stric WILL NOT cache the server response so if there is no network access then it will always return false.
    			-- serverManaged WILL cache the server response so if there is no network access it can use the cached response.
    			policy = "serverManaged", 
    		},
    	},
    }

This code is much simpler than the code I have in the project (please see above), which deals with scaling and letterbox. It seems not to be the case of the Corona Sample Code.

I am still in a position from where I do not know how to proceed. Help will be very much appreciated.

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

Does the issue of letter box fails on iPad mini still happen when you insert the license block to your config.lua that is published by Kwik?

Does Corona simulator fail to display letter box with the license block? Or device built app fail it?

Jorge
    Participant

The letter box fails on iPad mini and on all non 2048×1536 px devices. This happens even with the license key block inserted in the config.lua generated by Kwik. I have inserted that block of code in various places in the config.lua file and does not work.
    I have only tested in the Corona Simulator. I have not yet published in the the store for testing purposes. I have also not tried to install the app on an Android device. I would like to resolve the letter box issue beforehand.
    Thanks for the support.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.