Home / Topic / A storm is coming…

A storm is coming…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Anonymous

Just got the news that Adobe will not fix any bugs related to interface incompatibilities with Photoshop CC because they are working on a totally new development for this version. Meaning, starting in mid 2014, NO current plugins will be compatible with Photoshop CC (all plugins will need to be re-written from scratch to be compatible with CC). The worse news is, the new code for CC will not be compatible with previous versions of Photoshop. So, we are going to need Kwik for “old versions” and Kwik for CCOh boy, my life will be miserable  :'(

lizochka_simova
    Participant

Oh, ouch!!So sorry, Alex. I wonder what this will do to people like me who live in areas where access to the Internet is somewhat limited.  I don't know how it will work for me, using PhotoShop on the cloud.

Anonymous

Different than most people think, you don't need to be connected to use any of the Creative Cloud products. Internet access is just needed to download it for the first time and the updates.In fact, the software will work the same way you current Photoshop does. The only difference is, in the CC case, when your subscription expires you will not be able to start Photoshop again (it will alert you that you need to renew your subscription to keep using it).Of course there are bad (you are renting the software instead of owning it) and good (it is much cheaper than the full version from the past and you get constantly updates with new features) things with the subscription model. I am getting used with this model and I really appreciate how bugs have been fixed much faster than CS5 and CS6. The only thing I don't like (specially now) is the fact Adobe is removing compatibility with older version - which, at the end, I understand (I am doing the same with older versions of Kwik as well) due the several changes in the market.

lizochka_simova
    Participant

Thanks for the information, Alex.  All the changes keep making so many new things possible which is good news, but bad news is it is very hard (and sometimes expensive) to keep up!

tradexcel12
    Participant

OK so let me make sure I understand this. Adobe is coming out with a new version of CC. Kwik will have to be rewritten to be compatible with it. So if we have a Kwik Next subscription, in it's current state it will only be compatible with old versions of CC and PS6. So lucky you has to write and maintain TWO versions of Kwik Next? What will this do to the current plans for Kwik Next development?Anna - I use the cloud and Kwik all the time without a net connection. A side benefit to the subscription is that you have access to far more than just PS. I detest PS, but I use Flash, Illustrator, InDesign (for News Stand apps nothing beats it), After Effects and others.  I've been able to play with some new programs they have, too, as well as update my beloved ex Macromedia products like Fireworks, and Dreamweaver. So you have access to far more than just PhotoShop when you get the CC subscription.

Anonymous

According Adobe,mid next year, they will release a new Photoshop CC that will NOT be compatible with any previous plugin (Kwik inclusive). The plugin developers will need to re-write their code to the new language they are working on now.Yes, I will then need to have 2 different code base for Kwik (one for CS5/6 and another one for CC). It is still a long time till there but my intention here was to tell people using the current CC that the fix for the "Anuj" issue, for example, will not be fixed.For Kwik subscribers, I will need to (re)write the code for the new CC. Otherwise, when the future update is installed, Kwik will stop to work in those machines - hopefully I will have a new installation ready when time comes.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Aw heck Alex, just crank up that clone software you've got hidden in the back room and turn out a couple more Alex clones and you'll have it handled in time – no problem. LOL

jso
    Participant

Can't you just make all Kwik customers only use CS5 and CS6? If they disagree with you, just hire some goons to “convince” them to switch back from CC.In all seriousness, that's awful how much work that's going to be for you. I guess those are the risks you take when your software relies on other software to run. Everytime Apple, Android, Corona, Adobe, etc. make a change, you have to change your product. I guess that's true of all software though, when a new version of OSX or windows debuts, software companies have to make sure their products will be compatible as well.

Anonymous

I think Kwik should evolve into a stand alone application and only use Corona SDK as it's engine. User should be able to use any graphic software to import images, buttons etc.Something like Apple's good old HyperCard  😉

elisabethfitzsimons
    Participant

Ough! The only good news here is, that users of the Cloud CC-version always can download CS6. (till Adobe decides to remove that option...)At this moment I only use the CC version of InDesign and Illustrator. For Pshop CS6.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Be careful with InDesign – it has a few quirks in the CC version, too.

bljlohreyx
    Participant

I recently downloaded Photoshop CC assuming that it was compatible with Kwik and Kut. I just purchased Kut and had purchased Kwik 2.0 a year ago. Not that I'm trying to get Kut to work with Photoshop CC I'm discovering the Anuj issue. Is there a work around for this. I'm an Adobe Cloud subscriber and CC is the only version I can download. I have Adobe 5.1, but I can't install the Kut extension in this version. Now that CC is the only version available on the Adobe Cloud, I cannot download 5.5 or 6.0. Am I stuck with obsolete plugins; especially the Kut plugin I just purchased yesterday????

jso
    Participant

I installed Kut in both Adobe CS6 and Cc without any issues. Did you also install Adobe Extension Manager CC? That's what Kwik 2 and Kut use to install into Photoshop.

elisabethfitzsimons
    Participant

I'm an Adobe Cloud subscriber and CC is the only version I can download.

This is not true, you can have CS6 for free too  ;DGo to https://creative.adobe.com/Go to downloadcenterScroll down to PhotoshopSelect PhotoshopChange "Photoshop CC" to "Photoshop CS6"DownloadDone

Anonymous

Can't you just make all Kwik customers only use CS5 and CS6? If they disagree with you, just hire some goons to "convince" them to switch back from CC.

I agree with Greg, as Alex is nearly about to publish Kwik New, this is really bad news! I imagine Alex's work doubling trying to fix issues etc. and - God forbid - we will end up losing that amazing personal connection with Alex answering almost every issue/bug/question/etc. on his lonesome!I'm happy to stick to CS6 and I'm sure others are too! And they could always download the latest version of PS for other work, and CS5/6 for app development. I think I heard Alex say he runs two Photoshop versions (even if that is more to do with fixing bugs)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising