this tutorial covers importing a particles file and editing particles. Editing feature is only available for who purchased Kwik license.
Particle editing of Kwik is called Kaboom in Kwik3.
Learn how to import particle effects from Particle Designer 2 (a product by 71 Squared) into Kwik.
You can view various particle samples with Corona Simulator. Select Sample Project > Graphics > EmitterViewer
This zip contains the same json/image files which can be imported to Kaboom. Please download and use it
For instance, air_stars.json and air_stars.png are copied to
Select a layer and click Particle replacement from Kwik panel and Browser button to select the json file from PD.
Import Particle Designer file
You can get Particle Designer from 71 Squared
Particle Designer is only available for Mac
Your PD file should be exported without embedding texture image and set [[FlipY]] true for Solar2D
Copy the json file of PD and the png file to the project folder of your kwik.
Select particle designer's json file
You can edit a fancy particle animation if you have paid for Kwik license. See Price and License
There is Create Paticles Icon for editing particles.
Particle Replacement Window. Click Create Particles.
Kaboom window appears.
- Rename as you like and Click LIVE PREVIEW button.
- Corona Simulator runs up to show the default new particle.
- You can configure the particle system with the various parameter inputs on Kaboom. Click Create button on the left bottom to save the particle system.
Change Texture image in defalut settings
Now we replace the default texture image. I created a simple star png.
- Put a image file Not root folder of your project folder. For instance, create “img” folder under your project folder and put the image file
- From Kaboom, click image area to change the image.
If you want to have each particle in the same colour as the original PNG
- Blend source: GL_ONE
- Blend destination: GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
- Start color: white (100% opacity)
- End color: white (100% opacity)
Enjoy creating colorful particles.