Marketing - marketing is not one time task
- It starts before planning the app
- It costs more than devloping an app
- More than one app is key for success.
- blog:Learnings from 2011
- blog:Now you have an app, so what?
- blog:Want to create a storybook? Do your homework first?
- blog:Are the basics of marketing being applied to the app business?
- Process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers.
- 4 “Ps” Product, Point of sale, Price and Promotion
- R&D costs
- Target audience
- SWOT analysis
- Create Twitter, Facebook, Instagram to be active there
- Join groups of artists(Linkedin and other places like SCBWI)
- Build a dedicated website(your blog may be hosted there)
- Share about your progress and processess
- Use Youtube to share milestones and tips
- Reserve some money for marketing activities
- Test the app with friends(TestFlight, DeployGate)
- Production costs
- Makreting costs
- Non-related costs like rent, salary, benefits etc
- From $.99 to $.7.99
- Be honest with yourself. What is your entire experience worth?
- Monitor the competition(price and reviews)
- Price is important but the most important thing is VALUE
- Can users enjoy your app many times or is it one time experience only?
- Share findings on your group meetings
- Change prices from time to time
- Try App Friday and other special promos
- Think about developing a complementary app
- Updates “renew” your daily rnaking positions
Time to the next one
- one app is not enough in the digital content market
- More app more change of revenu.
- Cross promotuon between apps
- better presence at app stores
- more attention from media