marketing is not one time task
It starts before planning the app
It costs more than devloping an app
More than one app is key for success.
Kwiksher blog 2012-2013 by Alex
Other web links
Step #1 – Do Your Research
- Who is the competition?
- What are they doing?
- Who is your target demographic/player base?
Step #2 – Build an Online Presence
Step #3 – Get Social
Step #4 – Create a Marketing Strategy/Action Plan
Step #5 – Prep for Press
Step #6 – Find Influencers
Step #7 – Create a Great Demo Video
Step #8 – Be Sneaky & Post Sneak Peeks
Step #9 – Promote, Promote, Promote!
Step #10 – Use Beta Testers
Step #11 – Plan Your App Launch Date
Step #12 – Get Your Press Kit Ready!
- Focus Groups
- Beta Testing
- Make A Dedicated Landing Page
- Create A Blog
- Make A Spectacular Trailer
- Gather A Fan Base
- Participate In Indie Game Communities
- Get Featured On Product Hunt
- Post Regularly On Twitter
- Share Your Game Before Launch
- Make A Press Kit
- Create A Wish List
- Contact Directly With The Press
- Process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers.
- 4 “Ps” Product, Point of sale, Price and Promotion
- R&D costs
- Target audience
- SWOT analysis
- Create Twitter, Facebook, Instagram to be active there
- Join groups of artists(Linkedin and other places like SCBWI)
- Build a dedicated website(your blog may be hosted there)
- Share about your progress and processess
- Use Youtube to share milestones and tips
- Reserve some money for marketing activities
- Test the app with friends(TestFlight, DeployGate)
- Production costs
- Makreting costs
- Non-related costs like rent, salary, benefits etc
- From $.99 to $.7.99
- Be honest with yourself. What is your entire experience worth?
- Monitor the competition(price and reviews)
- Price is important but the most important thing is VALUE
- Can users enjoy your app many times or is it one time experience only?
- Share findings on your group meetings
- Change prices from time to time
- Try App Friday and other special promos
- Think about developing a complementary app
- Updates “renew” your daily ranking positions
Time to the next one
- one app is not enough in the digital content market
- More app more change of revenue.
- Cross promotion between apps
- better presence at app stores
- more attention from media