How to make for self publish with digital tools. It is complicated and you can find so many articles or documents, services for making digtial contents or iOS/Andorid apps. A project management - a plan will help you to focus on your creativity before working on drawings or composing app with Kwik.
- making ideas, sketching, drawing
- writing manuscripts
- illustrating characters/settings
- skeching thumbnails
- sketching final each page
- rendering PSDs
- composing with Kwik
this is an example,
|Makin Sketches&Notes||(BambooSlate)||idea, notes, sketch||characters, settings|
|Making Thumbnails||(BambooSlate/iPad)||story, thumbnail|
|Making Final Sketches||(iPad)||storyboard|
|Composing With Kwik||Kwik||interactions|
Bamboo slate is a digital note pad from WACOM. It records your writings with a pen. You can use a pencil and paper instead.
You may call Documentation as mile stone or output at each state.
Gitbook is a good tool for markdown documentation or Hugo
how to use the tools
- Story: Text editing
- Importing your sketches to Photshop
- Rendering and composing pages on Photoshop
- Using Kwik to publish A-GIF or app
I tested Bamboo slate to digitalize hand drawings. It uploads the digitalized drawings to Wacom's cloud InkSpace. They are downloadable as .psd files. So you can import it to photoshop or or Adobe Sketch.
BambooSlate --- InkSpace --.psd .jpg | iPad Adobe Sketch | Photoshop | Kwik -- app A-Gif
- wonderunit storyboarder is a good free & open-source software on Windows / Mac. You can draw with digital brushes or you can take a picture of your storyboard on paper with your smart phone and then import them to the software.