Kwik 2.1 is already available for download, bringing lots of new requested features. In fact, several users are already taking advantage of them and their benefits. For some examples, check the new tutorials: New Dragging with Flip, and New Magnetic Drop.
To celebrate the release, we are proud to announce a promotion with Code and Web: until December 3rd you can purchase their TexturePacker+PhysicsEditor Bundle with 20% discount. A real good deal considering how amazing both applications are. Don’t wait anymore, go to http://sites.fastspring.com/codeandweb/product/all, select the TexturePackerPro + PhysicsEditor Bundle (original value of $39.95), enter this promo code KWIK-TEXTUREPACKER-BUNDLE and see your discount applied in your cart!
So, what is coming?
This is the full list of improvements:
- Groups: now you can re-order layers inside a group, add a group inside another group (nested group), change the group order and define properties like alpha and scale for groups;
- New replacements: Countdown, which makes easier the creation of visual timers, and Text, which renders text content as text, instead of images;
- Navigation: totally re-written to use native Corona’s scrollview widget, it also allows the exclusion of pages from the auto navigation panel with a click of a button;
- Several new interactions (for actions and buttons), including better timer controls (stop/resume, etc.) and inverted gravity for bodies;
- Buttons: can be set now for tap (you define the amount of taps) or press;
- Physics improvements: you can control gravity direction in the Multiplier feature, and in the new body window. Collision names shows both main and collide bodies names;
- Fixed the font issue with Sync: thanks to Adobe team, the annoying issue with fonts while using the Sync feature was fixed!
- Drag with option for drop areas and auto flip: now, using only the Drag window, you can control drop zones and set auto flip of images while dragging. There two options were vastly voted as top improvements for 2.1;
- Copy and paste: the most voted option was implemented in this version. You have now the ability to copy content in the same page or across all pages of your project.
Any news on Storyboard API and other features?
I am working with Ricardo Rauber (the father of Director class) on a smooth transition from Director to Storyboard API (Director will still be there, in a modified implementation, acting as a gateway for the Storyboard API). Unfortunately, due a few issues with Storyboard and the need of testing, I decided to move it to version 2.2 (beta will be available next week).
Kwik’s future feature list is still strong and you should expect some of them coming with the next betas. You vote counts so, if you still have more suggestions for future releases, use the new Forum board: Roadmap – Feature Request Kwik 2 and let me know them!
What about the FREE Google Hangouts?
Last month I tried a few free Google Hangouts session in English, Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish. While they were very nice for the attendees (1 in each session), I cannot afford to spend a full day for personal discussions only. Offer stills thou: if you get a group of people willing to know Kwik’s basics, let me know and we will schedule private hangouts. For that, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Google Hangout) with two to three proposed times and dates, and we will setup a call (up to an hour).
This is NOT intended to provide feedback or support to your app! The agenda for these meetings is to cover what is Kwik, how to install, setup, and create a simple project.
As always, I am looking forward to your feedback!