The Layer Properties window helps to configure parameters that are going to be used in the selected layer. When pressed, the following window appears:
Information, automatically captured from the selected layer, displays on the top of the window, showing the position and size of the layer.
Randomize positions, allows to display the layer content in different locations when the page starts. For example, if you want the layer content to appear anywhere between X (horizontal) positions 100 and 500, just enable theX between checkbox and enter 100 and 500, respectively, in each text box.
Scale, allows to change the original scale of the layer (100%) to any other scale.
Rotate, allows to change the original rotation of the layer (0 degrees) to any other degree wanted.
In the Infinity Scrolling Properties panel, you are able to:
- Enable infinity scrolling: if checked, Kwik will make the selected layer to forever scroll in the selected direction;
- Direction: sets the direction of the infinity scroll. It can be up, down, left or right;
- Speed: sets the velocity of the animation.
- Distance: sets the distance between the copies of the layer.
In the Export Properties panel, you are able to:
- Export image as .jpg: if checked, Kwik will export the layer as JPG file, instead of PNG. It saves memory and disk space, being a good option for layers who do not need transparency in the background. Enabling this option, you are also able to set the compression/quality of the JPG conversion, being 10 the best quality;
- Save as shared asset: if checked, Kwik will auto-rename the layer (it will start with “kwk”), allowing layers with the same name being used in different pages. For example, if you have a layer named “test” in pages 1 and 2, when Kwik exports your project, it will create 2 files: p1_test.png and p2_test.png. If you enable the Shared Asset option in both pages, the layers will be renamed to kwktest. During the export, only 1 file will be created: kwktest.png;
- Show in thumbnail: this is used together the Navigation feature. If set to Yes (default), your page thumbnails will show the layer content. However, if the layer content is something that should not appear in the thumbnail (a button over state, or something hidden), select No and the layer content will not be shown in the page thumbnail;
- Render as: used the content of the selected layer as the content in the final project. In the above example, Layer_5 content will be replaced by the content of Layer_3. Instead of having 2 image files with the same content, now only the content of Layer_3 will be exported. This may reduce your project size a lot, specially if you have lots of layers with the same content. When the selection shows Me, it means the current layer will be the content and no different layer will be used for rendering;
The Cross-References panel shows all entities of the project where the current layer is being associated with. In the screenshot above, layer ball is a body, and it is used in 3 collisions elements. This is a good way to understand the relationship of the layer with other components.