Home / Topic / V3.X and V4.X and iOS 11 beta

V3.X and V4.X and iOS 11 beta

Home Kwiksher Forums General Discussion V3.X and V4.X and iOS 11 beta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • psimedia@mac.com
    Participant

Anyone know if apps created with the latest release of V3 work without incident in iOS 11 beta? I’m within days of finishing my app, but I don’t want it to crash when iOS 11 is released next month. For that matter, is V4 of Kwik working OK in iOS 11 beta? I know that I should be working in V4, but I’d have 60 pages to redo since the way variables are implemented has changed in V4 and I still have not figured out the new way to use variables.

TIA!!!

JP

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

I have not tested Kwik3 nor Kwik4 with iOS11 beta.

Kwik depends on Corona SDK and Corona Labs always keeps the SDK updated with iOS updates. Most of the times, you don’t worry if you uses the latest version of Corona SDK or their daily builds, it works fine.

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/69342-new-apple-inapp-purchases-in-ios-11/

Are you using In App Purchase in your app? If so, there is an issue of Kwik to use the IAP functions. I am now fixing it for Kwik because there is a change of Corona SDK daily build.

psimedia@mac.com
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback and link. I may push forward.

I’m not using IAP. Thanks for the warning though!

JP

Chris
    Participant

Not had any problems with ios 11 beta so far.

Using Kwik 3, although not using any in app purchases or ads

psimedia@mac.com
    Participant

Thanks Chris! I got behind on my project and think I’ll hold fire until after tomorrow’s Apple event. I know the iOS 11 gold master has leaked so I’m hoping iOS 11 will be out this week.

JP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.