Home / Topic / Reset license

Reset license

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • jimmycesarins7218
    Participant

I noticed you say on your site now: Another common request is “how do I transfer my serial numbers to other machines (after purchasing a new one, for example)?”With Kwik 2.2 you will be able to automatically do that (no need to send me emails anymore), up to 4 times. After that, you are done and will need to purchase a new license.I reformat my computers often, probably twice a year.It is very rare to see software throw away your paid license if you have reset the activation more than so many times.  For isn't far from typical for an average user, and much less than any "pirate" of the software.  Copy protection is to protect against pirates, not punish paying customers.

Anonymous

Christopher, if you are reformatting your computer more than 4 times an year, you are probably making backups, right? If you do so, no worries here. Simply restore back your kwkcontrol.cfg file under your Documents/Kwik folder.Reset means to use Kwik in a brand new Photoshop installation.

jimmycesarins7218
    Participant

Christopher, if you are reformatting your computer more than 4 times an year, you are probably making backups, right? If you do so, no worries here. Simply restore back your kwkcontrol.cfg file under your Documents/Kwik folder.Reset means to use Kwik in a brand new Photoshop installation.

I do have full backups but rarely restore exactly from backup and typically will install fresh and restore apps.  Performance or some issue becomes a problem every 6 months or so.  I don't do this four times a year typically but sometimes it is that bad.  For example I recently tried Windows 8 and went back to Windows 7.  That was two new installs.  I also run Mac and PC side by side. A "release license" is much more user friendly like the majority of apps out there.  Texture Packet, Corona, to name a few you likely use that do this.  This prevents piracy but does notPunish the customer for buggy software fouling up their machine.  In the rare case may need to reset all activations if cant release the license prior to reinstall (more serious crash or drive loss).  I bought Kwiksher 2 but haven't installed because I am in theMiddle of multiple machine upgrades and I haven't started on an ebook.  I'm an extreme case but far from exclusive.  I also haven't installed yet as I still only own CS4 Design Premium and haven't got my CS6 upgrade yet.  Once I'm ready to start a book I plan on upgrading likely to creative cloud as I need pc and Mac versions.  It may be a year or even two but I will run into using up four activations and buying a new license to software I already purchased is bad business and something I wouldn't do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising