Home / Topic / Photoshop Global Light Bug

Photoshop Global Light Bug

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik 2 Bugs Photoshop Global Light Bug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • v1p_kokorin
    Participant

Hi Alex. I've been trying this for a while now, and this problem keeps on happening...very frustrating...I have all of my psd files set to a 90 degree angle light. This is important especially for buttons and the way they're shaded. Well, after going through each file and setting the default lighting to 90 degrees and visually checking my work before pressing the Preview button, the output is still the same! The lighting has an 79-80 degree angle!! All the images, buttons, everything, have this problem, they look fine in photoshop, but when compiled through the kwik engine, they all get changed, so all my shadows mismatch, lighting effects, etc...Any idea what could be happening? Anyone else having this problem?Thanks;Update: It is actually 120 degrees, not 80. Which makes me think... This is actually the default lighting that photoshop applies when you uncheck the Global Light blending settings... would this have anything to do with that?Update 2: Just as I thought, I went into my blending options menu, unchecked "Use Global Light", it defaulted to 120 degrees, I then manually set it to 90, and it fixed it... Does this mean we can't use global light? Could this be a bug with my project?

Anonymous

You may set different settings for your project but it is important to understand that each layer is copied to another file during the export process, and this is the reason some of global settings/blends/etc are not applied – it is impossible to capture all the settings Photoshop applies in each file, copy them, then apply them to a new file. I did my best with the most used ones.I am adding the global light checking in the future feature list.

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

You may set different settings for your project but it is important to understand that each layer is copied to another file during the export process, and this is the reason some of global settings/blends/etc are not applied - it is impossible to capture all the settings Photoshop applies in each file, copy them, then apply them to a new file. I did my best with the most used ones.I am adding the global light checking in the future feature list.

Thaaaaaaank you!!!!!! That would really help! Maybe a checkbox to apply global light/settings at compiling time  🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising