Home / Topic / Photoshop font size messed up

Photoshop font size messed up

Home Kwiksher Forums Help me! Photoshop font size messed up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • lizochka_simova
    Participant

I have made the shift from PS5 to PS6 and Kwik 2 to Kwik 3.04 and the last public release of Corona. I am attempting to add a third language to Not Without Bear app (created and published with Kwik 2), but the font sizes on my psd files are not reading correctly.  On the first page the font size says 32, but when I add the new German text I have to make it 72 to match. If I make the original English and Spanish texts 72 they are huge. When I publish the German has the appearance I want, but the other two display tiny. On the next page which I have not changed yet in Kwik, the font which displays correctly in the simulator says it is 50, but when I make the new German text 50 it is smaller.On most of the other pages which I have not touched in either PhotoShop or Kwik, the text is displaying tiny.  This seems to be a photoshop problem rather than a Kwik problem. Has anyone else encountered tis? Any suggestions?I am wondering if there is a way to correct it on the page lua files, rather than having to delete and recreate and reprogram all of the English and Spanish text files.  If so what should I look for in the page lua files?Or is it best to go back to Kwik 2 to do this job?  I was hoping to do it with Kwik 3 so if there are any future changes I would not have to backtrack again.

Anonymous

This is a “famous” and old bug from Photoshop CS6 (Adobe says it is fixed, all customers reply back saying it is not http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/font_style_size_problems?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification – a quick search here in the forums and you will find a few entries on that). No matter you use Kwik 2 or Kwik 3 the font size issue will be the same. make sure you install the latest update for Photoshop CS6

lizochka_simova
    Participant

I tried CC (though having trouble with the CC Extension Manger to get the necessary version of Kwik 3 loaded) and it is showing font sizes of 18 and 19. Still messed up.  On with the struggle!  I'll check those forum discussions.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Anna – for me it didn't matter what version of PS I was using – 6 or CC. Updates from PS do NOT fix the bug. For me it only showed up when I synced the text. I looked at the code and found where it was being written to that funky small size (mine was 13.7 HAHAHAHA) and before my final publishing changed every single page to the correct size in the lua code. If you correct it once and go back to PS, PS will reset it to the incorrect size again. There might be a better way to handle it, but I haven't found it yet.

lizochka_simova
    Participant

Thanks, Karen.  That should save me a good deal of trial and error.  Since my book only has 10  pages I may just delete the text layers and rebuild them. 

lizochka_simova
    Participant

This is insane! I even tried deleting all the text on the page psd, saving it as a copy then re-entering text.  When I chose the appropriate size type (60 pt) it displays huge!  Still poking around and asking questions in the PhotoShop forums, but so far not finding any help. I just tried creating a brand new file 2560 x 1600, 300 dpi, and putting in some type.  A 24 pt letter is 100 pixels high.  Did exactly the same thing in CS5 and the letter is 10 pixels high. What?? Aaargh! It's things like this that just make me want to go sit in an easy chair, listen to a novel and knit!  😛  For this app I can go back to CS5 and add my third language, but I resize images with text all the time. I must be missing something.PS: Don't worry, Alex, I'm not giving up yet.  :-*

tradexcel12
    Participant

If you aren't doing “read to Me” sort of text, do your text as a graphic. Otherwise, join my very annoyed club. I have been looking at the PS forums since October with no help. I even sent in a support ticket and the PS rep was very snotty. (Makes me appreciate Alex all the more!) Said the retail versions had been updated to eliminate the error and suggested that I wasn't running the latest PS update (I was) and further said it wasn't something that was high on their list to correct, since it wasn't bothering most users. Like I said, the ONLY fix I found was to resize the text within the Corona code just prior to publishing the app to the stores.I used my favorite Fireworks to lay out my text so I had size and positioning right, then brought it into PS and did the Kwik goodies, while ignoring whatever PS resized it to. Royal PITA!

lizochka_simova
    Participant

Good news!!  Going back and forth between my old CS5 and CC, and a fellow at Adobe, I realized that CS5 was using pixels to define type size, while CC was using points.  I went to Photoshop>Preferences.Units & Rulers>Type …and switched the setting from points to pixels.  Now my synced type displays correctly! This only seems to work with newly created text. The text that changed size when I resized the art still displays incorrectly, but the same was happening with the new text I was adding.  So even though not perfect it is not as much of a nightmare as I feared.  Whew! What a relief!!

tradexcel12
    Participant

Anna you are my hero. I changed my PS 6 to Pixels not points but was using pasted text. So it was still reverting to the wrong size. Thank you sooooo much!

lizochka_simova
    Participant

What is working for me is to copy and paste the text into a word doc, delete the text layer in the psd, then copy and paste the text from the word document at the size I want. Still a little cumbersome, but saves having to retype and reformat everything.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Thanks! I was copy and pasting from Fireworks at one point and it didn't work too well. Didn't try straight from a text doc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising