Home / Topic / Kwik 4 extension not properly signed

Kwik 4 extension not properly signed

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik4 Kwik 4 extension not properly signed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • psimedia@mac.com
    Participant

Hi!

Just installed Kwik 4, but PS 2017 on Mac OS 10.11.4 say that “The Kwik 4 extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed.” Any suggestions? Adobe’s advice was to do a complete uninstall of PS and delete a couple of folders in the system library. I did all the above and still get the same message.

psimedia@mac.com
    Participant

Ok, I’ve tried to remove Kwik 4 and reinstall 3. However, ZP Installer says it can’t because a newer version exist. I downloaded ExManCmd_mac.zip, but I have no idea what to do with it. When I copy and past ./Contents/MacOS/ExManCmd –install {PATH}kwikj.zxp into terminal as per your instructions, I get -bash: ./Contents/MacOS/ExManCmd: No such file or directory Mac-Pro-2

Any help would be appreciated. Getting desperate.

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

Did you unzip ExManCmd_mac.zip? Then You find Contents/ folder

Installation Kwik 4

> “The Kwik 4 extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed.”

Please copy and paste the following line to the console of Terminal App.

defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.7 PlayerDebugMode 1

psimedia@mac.com
    Participant

!. I figured out the signing issue already. Sorry I didn’t say anything on the forum.

2. Yes, I unzipped the file. The file folder sits on my desktop (Mac). The problem is that I have no idea what to do with it. I copied and paste the following into the Terminal utility: ./Contents/MacOS/ExManCmd –remove Kwik. As a result, I get the following: -bash: ./Contents/MacOS/ExManCmd: No such file or directory Mac-Pro-2

I reinstalled Kwik3 and even that is running and randomly behaving oddly. Sometimes it won’t even generate images when I do a test build. I’ll continue to work on my project using a different system drive in the same computer, but I really need to get Kwik 4 uninstalled ASAP. 🙂

Thanks!!!

Jerry

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

You can manually remove it from Finder to delete the following folder.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.kwiksher.kwik4

psimedia@mac.com
    Participant

I’ve already done that. The problem is that when I try to install Kwik 3.x into PS 2017, the ZPX Installer utility says it can’t install Kwik 3 because Kwik 4 is still there. I worked around the problem by downloading and installing Photoshop CC 2014 which lets me use the Adobe Extension Manager. I can continue working, but i’d really like to work with Photoshop CC 2017. Where else would bits of Kwik 4 code be that’s telling ZPX Installer that Kwik 4 is still on my computer?

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

>>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.kwiksher.kwik4

this is the right place. For local development, an extension can be installed to your local Library folder

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/

>Where else would bits of Kwik 4 code be that’s telling ZPX Installer that Kwik 4 is still on my computer?

Did you see Kwik3 at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions?

With extension manger, it would install extensions to Photoshop application f0lder — for example /Application/Photoshop/Plug-ins/Panels/. Kwik4 could be wrongly installed there, if so, just delete it.

If not found, please search kwik4 with file search at Finder > File > Find

It is ok to use Kwik3 for CC 2017 but I recommend Kwik4 that I keep support & maintenance. Kwik4 users are still not many as Kwik3 and I feel it is as stable as Kwik3.

Here is adobe ExManCMD page for you reference, https://helpx.adobe.com/extension-manager/using/command-line.html

How can i solve the sign issue, in windows 10, adobe 2018 ? thanks in adnvance

Yamamoto
    Keymaster

Please open Teminal App(Mac) or Command Prompt(Window) and copy & paste the following lines to the console.

For CC2018

Win

reg add “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS.8” /v PlayerDebugMode /t REG_SZ /d “1” /f

Mac

defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.8 PlayerDebugMode 1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.