Home / Topic / iPad to iPhone project conversion

iPad to iPhone project conversion

Home Kwiksher Forums Feature Request (RETIRED) iPad to iPhone project conversion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • pjrich
    Participant

It would be nice to covert a dedicated iPad project to a dedicated iPhone project.

Anonymous

Pretty simple to do it. If you forgot (or decided not) to create your project as Universal, simple edit the .kwk file available under your project folder and replace the line iPad to Universal

pjrich
    Participant

I was thinking of something more comprehensive that would also drop the resolution of all images to iphone/ipod touch size.  Good to know the 411 on the editing the kwik file!  Thanks!

Anonymous

An universal project already handles the iPhone resolution when you exporting images.

pjrich
    Participant

So the iPhone iPod Touch will handle the all the big images meant for the iPad?

Anonymous

2 Sets of images are auto created when your project is universal. Big ones for ipad and iPhone 4, plus smaller ones to iPhone 3gs.

pjrich
    Participant

So if I want to convert my “iPad only” app into an “iPhone only” app, I'll need to change the graphics too (along with a change in the Kwik file)?  I don't want a universal app because of the file size.

Anonymous

If you want full control of your graphics, yes, you will need to export them manually.fact is, when creating for iPhone, you will need to create 2 sets of images (1 for iPhone 4 full resolution, and another one for the 480x320 res of iPhone 3GS.if your project is for iPad and you want to convert to iPhone, I suggest you to rebuild everything from the scratch (time consuming but full control), otherwise, simply overwrite your .kwk as explained before and re-export everything (fast but not perfect).

pjrich
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising