Home / Topic / Image size reduction

Image size reduction

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Oliver Kramer
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    Is it possible to change the image reduction algo @2 from bicubic to bilinear?
    I have some problems with bluriness/light borders around size reduced assets.
    Even with even-sized layers. It is clearly a bicubic problem.

This happens always, even if I change Photoshop preferences to bilinear.

Can I influence Kwiks Photoshop actions somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Administrator
    Keymaster

How can I access this option in Photoshop? As soon as you tell me, I will verify if the feature is scriptable or not.

Oliver Kramer
    Participant

There are 2 ways:

1. Image-> Image Size-> Resample Image ( bottom of dialog box)
    2. (on Mac) Photoshop-> Preferences-> General-> Image Interpolation (top of dialog box), can be overridden by manual input in 1.

Automatic is not good for reduction interpolation: sometimes blurry, sometimes not.

Administrator
    Keymaster

According this article http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/image-size-resolution.html, Bicubic produces better results (I honestly never heard about it) than Bilinear.

Question is – just to confirm, if you have Bilinear as your preference, even with this settings the resize will keep it Bicubic?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  Administrator.
    Administrator
    Keymaster

try to use the new option Use Bilinear interpolation in the Settings http://kwiksher.com/user-guide/settings3/ and see if the exported images are better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising