Home / Topic / FYI…My Copyright Infringement

FYI…My Copyright Infringement

Home Kwiksher Forums General Discussion FYI…My Copyright Infringement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • xisulyhonaq
    Participant

Thought I'd share this to everyone just incase you were about to do the same thing.I just had my latest app rejected from the Apple Appstore for copyright infringement. Certainly had me confused to start with because everything except a few sounds were created from scratch.It looks like a company in Germany has done a 'King' move and copyrighted the use of the work 'memory' for apps in Germany! What the???This is part of what I got from Apple..."We have determined that we cannot post your application because it appears to infringe on rights owned by Ravensburger Digital GmbH ("Ravensburger"). Ravensburger objects to applications available in Germany that use the mark Memory in their title and within the application. "Not a major problem (I think, since I don't know the result of my re-submit) but I just excluded Germany from the iTunes stores I'll have it submitted to.Fingers crossed this time it will go through, I've been itching to get this one out and made the mistake of already starting to try and create a bit of promotional hype about it... now it's delayed (dop).Anyway, I guess it's a tricky one to actually be able to search to globe for every copyrighted word/phrase etc out there so our best bet is to submit and let Apple do it and deal with the result.

tradexcel12
    Participant

Thanks a lot for that heads up. I think I'll go copyright the dictionary. Ridiculous.

tradexcel12
    Participant

On the same note:Candy Crush Saga is the most pervasive casual game phenomena since Angry Birds and it seems intent on crushing any potential competitors—at least those that use the word “candy” in their titles. King.com Limited registered claim with the US trademark office almost a year ago, to the word ‘candy’ as it pertains to video games (and clothing!) Well, last Wednesday, January 15, King’s filing was approved and today there are reports that developers are receiving emails from Apple if their games contain the word “candy” in the title. There is no report yet if any clothing makers have been contacted, but a quick look at the Zaraterez website shows that they are no longer offering Candy Crush as one of their leggings offerings.Full article here : http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2014/01/20/candy-crush-saga-has-trademarked-candy-and-apples-app-store-is-helping-enforce-it/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising