Home / Topic / [DONE] Extended tutorial for Magnetic Drop?

[DONE] Extended tutorial for Magnetic Drop?

Home Kwiksher Forums Tutorial Suggestions [DONE] Extended tutorial for Magnetic Drop?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hugo-oxley
    Participant

HiThe magnetic drop feature and tutorial is great. I have worked out how to add sound when one piece is put in place. It would be great to see a tutorial on how to play a sound or series of actions when the whole puzzle is complete. Sure many other non coder newbies would find this very useful.Thanks

pjrich
    Participant

I just posted a similar “how do you do this” in the other section before coming here.  I want to trigger an action that will move the user to a new page.  Simply put, if the user drags 5 objects to the correct 5 locations on the screen, the app will move to the next page.

Anonymous

Have you checked this tutorial: http://www.kwiksher.com/tutorials-kwik/creating-a-game-puzzle/?The basics for what you need are there (variables and conditional control)

pjrich
    Participant

Yes I have, but I can't generalize the puzzle game to triggering a transition (or triggering anything else) to a new page when using the app I built from the Magnetic Drop tutorial. 🙁  Like my old college ancient languages professor used to say, “Anything is easy if you know how.” 😉

Anonymous

Each piece is related to a variable. Every time a piece is connected it updates the piece/variable content and an action is called to check the summation of all variables. If it matches the number for the full puzzle, run a go to page action.The tutorial I mentioned before gives the instructions on how to do it.

pjrich
    Participant

By “piece” do you mean the PhotoShop layer that the app user moves?

Anonymous

Yes

hugo-oxley
    Participant

Thanks for the tips Alex. Using the game puzzle tutorial as a guide I was able to create a puzzle that plays one sound on lock and another if complete. Not sure I used the most efficient approach as I created a new check action for each puzzle piece. But it works! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising