Home / Topic / Creating an On-screen timer

Creating an On-screen timer

Home Kwiksher Forums Kwik User Questions Creating an On-screen timer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • v1p_kokorin
    Participant

Hi Alex,I'm wanting to create a simple timer that counts down from 5 minutes to 0. What would be the best way to do this? Would I need to create a timer for each number?Thanks.

Anonymous

Not at all. You will need to create a variable to hold the counter/timer. You will need to create a text layer and set it as a Dynamic Text replacement, pointing to the created variable.you will need to create an action to decrease the variable counter (for example, if your variable name is myTimer, you will need to use the Edit Variable interaction and set the value to myTimer - 1)lastly you will need to create another action to start the timer (Start Timer interaction). you will set the Delay to 1, Action to your action decreasing the myTimer variable, Loop will be equal to 5 (number of minutes).In fact I made a quick sample game that uses it. I will probably write a tutorial on that in the next days.

v1p_kokorin
    Participant

YESS!!! Thanks Alex. Great tutorial!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising