Home / Topic / Corona Webpopup

Corona Webpopup

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

A feature to add a corona webpopup would be great.  It would give more flexibility than just a hyperlink that opens safari and quits app.Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

you mean to replace the GO TO URL button, which simply opens Safari? Or are you talking about having part of your interface as a webpage?

I think both would be great.  The webpopup would allow you to show  web content in a user defined size webpopup.  This could also be used to display local HTML content in app,  with this the HTML5 page curl could be used inside of KWIK.  Webpopup would be a powerful addition to KWIK.  Now I define popups in code after KWIK generates it.

Anonymous

let's keep the conversation here. my only concern with this option is the amount of work a non-techie user (currently most of Kwik users are not developers) would need to have to customize a (minimum) close button, for example (otherwise, they will not be able to return to the app). Also, in the storybook scenario (again, most of Kwik apps are storybooks), when do you see someone adding a popup?

Popup would be contained in page.  So when you move to next page or close page popup closes.  The popup would allow for users to put dynamic content in their projects.  It would also allow for HTML local content to be placed in storybook.  I wouldn't worry about techie concerns with closing popups.  Make sure the popup is contained with in a layer of the page for boundaries.  When page turns or closes so does the popup.

Anonymous

Let's work with scenarios (let me know if you are not interested in keep going here – no feelings hurt  🙂 )The only scenario I see for a storybook author to add a GO TO URL is when he/she needs to point someone to his personal site or storybook promo site. Any other scenarios?In the above scenario, users clicks the button and a pop up appears on top of the full app with the site. How to go back to the app?Your suggestion is to create an area for the popup however, a swipe gesture over the popup will not send it to another page.Can you provide a specific scenario for a in-app popup?

When you need to goto URL then yes use the go to URL.  However if you want to embed dynamic content say tip of the day.  Use the webpopup to point to the dynamic content.This is more geared to magazine type.Scenario 2 user has HTML5 book.  This way they could locally embed HTML in KWIK file.  This would open to a new level of users.  Web designers.Just food for thought.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

Strictly Necessary

these coolies are for WP-SpamShield, gdpr-wp, woocommerce, paypal

PHPSESSID, SJECT16, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, gdpr, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, woocommerce_recently_viewed, wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_, wordpress_test_cookie, wp_woocommerce_session_, AKDC, akavpau_ppsd

Functionality

WordPress cookie created when auto-saving a post in the editor.

wp-saving-post, wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-

Performance

google analytic

__utma,__utmb,__utmc,__utmz,_ga,_gid,_gat

Advertising