PSD size & Blend mode
PSD file in a Ultimate Config project
- Kwik default canvas size is 1920 x 1280 landscape. It means @4x (480x4, 320x4)
- you can set an animation to a layer or can set a button function to a layer.
- Do not have different layers with the same name. A layer name should be unique and do not have same layer name twice on a PSD file.
- Do not use symbols, comma, period or any signs like + - <> %,#;!. because Kwik generates programming codes from layers of Photoshop, symbols have a specif meaning in programming codes.
Image Size & Layers
- 72 dpi for screen
- 300 dpi for print
- begin with 72 dpi and later you can change resolution to 300 dpi if you like to print
- Image > Mode> RGB 8bits
Background Image Size
For instance, if you add a new page from Kwik Panel, Kwik inserts a blank PSD file with 1920 x 1280. This is a safe area of content where the ultimate configuration assures the area is displayed without sticking out from any size of displays. See the greened rectangle in Ultimate Config 320x480
It is optimized but the top/bottom or the left/right regions are left without rendering. So the background image must be enlarged to cover those left area. The background needs to have the following size.
For iPhone X, the size should be 1440 × 2772. Please read iOS11 update
In order to make it your background layer to have 1440x2280 while holding 1920x1280 as the canvas size. Please see the screen shots
- From Photoshop menu, Image > Canvas Size
- enlarge it 1440x2280
- Now you can draw the background layer as 1440x2280
- When finished, you must re-adjust the canvas size to 1920 x 1280 from Image > Canvas Size
Blend Mode for Layers
Kwik supports the following Photoshop blend modes. If you are using one not listed below, you will need to merge layers in Photoshop otherwise an image in Simulator is not rendered as same as one in Photoshop.
- Linear Dodge
// screen copy