- traditional sketching with your favorite method, paper/pencil
- Or use a digital tool like iPad
- Sketching Thumbnails/Layouts
- Sketching Final drafts
- Adobe Sketch
This is a thumbnail of 15 pages with Adobe Sketch on iPad. Drawings from paper sketches are imported. This is not a final sketch yet. The sketches are placed at the top left-hand corner of each page.
- other objects
- reference of pictures
- make workspace thumbnail for design
- copy and make it bigger - zoom in for a comp
- then draw final sketches
Illustrate the words
- If pagination of manuscripts is done, you can begin to illustrate the words with your art skills.
- the pagination is important. If it changes, the overhead time to re-work illustrating is so much.
Make Thumbnail Sketches
- illustrating the main idea
- speedy to evaluate the entire book
- it allows you *** to design*** each image. Here, design means not to complete the final sketches with color. Plan, organize and arrange the images in harmony.
- The goal of thumbnail sketches is to plan the entire illustration using simple shapes
- start with a small one, and you can easily enlarge it on Photoshop or iPad.
- and copy & paste each thumbnail to each PSD file.
- Bleed for printing on paper
- repeat at least 3 times
- simple area for text
- the whole illustration left, text right
- a text area runs on the illustration
- a text under the illustration
- the whole illustration left, text with sport on the right
- spread and spot, free form, spread art, text around the illustration