Few weeks ago I released another survey to understand Kwik’s users and their most required needs. Lots of things have changed since the previous research in August. For example, now, almost 90% of the users are using the plugin for more than a month. Almost 27% of them are using Kwik to build an app (not a storybook). 44% are not coming from Ansca’s premises anymore (the news are spreading from word of mouth), and most of the users are from outside the United States. Path animation is the favorite current feature and several apps are going to be released in the next weeks.
However, most people probably want to know the missing feature list (38 users answered this open question). The results helped me to close the set of features for version 1.8 (timed for December) and version 1.9 (end January/early February). Saying that, if a feature is not listed below, chances are it will not be released anytime soon. Here are the top requests:
– Coloring book – already developed for version 1.8;
– Multi-language (I am already designing this for version 1.8);
– Page curl (you probably have seen this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm4OFOxhPMs&feature=youtu.be) – the moment Ansca releases it, I will add into Kwik;
– Better error detection/report (I am working on something different for version 1.8);
– Continuous audio between pages (testing already for version 1.8);
– More animation features (few surprises in 1.8 and mostly 1.9);
– More gestures (1.8 and mostly 1.9);
– Integration with other libraries (few surprises in 1.9);
– Web popup (probably version 1.9)
Things that are NOT coming until version 2:
– Logic and gaming (scores, dropping areas, etc);
– UI library, forms and text scroll (very requested, by the way);
– Lua editing from within Kwik;
– In-app purchase store;
As you can see, till 1.9 focus is to continue improving the storybook features, preparing the field for a huge release of version 2, in 2012. If you need something not listed here, keep sending your suggestions via the Forums. If you cannot wait some feature and you are willing to pay for its priority, send me an email and we may discuss feasibility.
Never forget that at this moment Kwik is a one man show. More exposure (via great apps developed with it) will increase sales, resources and decrease time to market of future versions.
Thanks for your support!